cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Floor Talk, December 9, 2021 (Report Day)

0 Kudos
7 Replies
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: No, you tell me.

Can somebody please explain why corn is almost $6?  Two years ago, corn was $3.50, what's fundamentally changed?

I admit it, I don't understand it.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Demand, inflation, and more demand.

Plus…….perhaps the crop was not as large as people thought. 

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Chickens  coming  to  roost ,  or  those  top  secret  harvest - monitoring  screen  results  - ?  Cattle  Feedlot  consumption  will  be  lower,  is  a  given -  -  -

When  prices  escalate ,  the  snow  ball  effect  keeps  rolling ,  as  the  Panhandle  area  feedlot  corn  bids  increase  -  -  -Guymon Oklahoma  is  $6.50  corn  for February , wheat HRW $8.13   for  February  -  -  -  DRY  conditions prevail - - -   

0 Kudos
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

About the only thing that has changed is "perception". Well, that an a shift by the US leadership to let China/Russia/NK/Iraq do whatever they want, but that is also just perception change and rhetoric. For the most part, none of our policies will change much.

Also, it is worth noting that the glove has printed 20 or 30 trillion dollars out of thin air, all of which went to the richest or the rich and thus the rich have to buy something with it!

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Farmland.  they will invest in the blue sky of farm land and throw away most of that windfall.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

289.  feedlot consumption, closer than ever, is tied to meat demand.   The other question of what the rich will buy has an answer.  Farmland, and More food.  to feed the homeless and the staff at their estates and their security guards.  the those groups that the rich worry about.

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

$teaks  from  omahaha  (packer margin excuses)   -  while  record  demand  from  food  pantries ,  interesting  comparison  -  -  -

Can  the  meat  conglomerates  snuggle  any  closer  to  the  elected  political  chit-chat - ?   Interesting  legislation  being  crafted  for  ''''''''' transparent  ''''''''  in  cattle  deals , which  will  have  lots  of  conversation at  the  No  Cow  Boys  Allowed  gala , in  the  Lone  Star  -  -  - Wondering  if  they  will  have  plenty  of  stand-by  generation  available  in case  of  IN- climate  weather during  the  event - ? 

Maybe  a  new  mercantile  future  contract  for  exported  tripe  could  be  established  -  -  - 

0 Kudos