cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Floor Talk (Election Day) November 6

It is an interesting question.

The very slow growth of jobs during the Bush admin 2001-7 had the feature where it was almost 100% public sector jobs, thus decent benefits were mostly provided.

During the first Obama term, public sector jobs have shrunk while private employment has grown- but with a low inclusion of comprehensive benefits.

0 Kudos
Slim123
Senior Contributor

Marketeye;  Maybe we will have to plow up the golf course and plant corn if the golf players can't or won't support it.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

9.8........................ ipredicted ................. I called it.............. that's what it is and that is what it is......................

How was that -----My MT impression.  With my prediction repeated again. 

Mike it will get there.  because that is where it is.  What makes it worse is that we have been over reporting for a couple of years to make a place for bio-fuels believability.

The adjustment of usage is going to be very interesting.

DROUGHT is still the issue------------we got enough rain out west to get the wheat up, but subsoil moisture does not exist below 6 inches.  Last few days have been nice beautiful weather.  We have browning spots already in areas.  DrOUGHT is still the issue.  Outside of India and maybe Argentina is there a major growing region rebuilding water supplies.

0 Kudos
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Slim123,

You may be on to something. Would that rotation practice be called 'corn after birdie's'?

Mike

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

The golf course example is a good one, but it assumes that the golf course is useable in the future.  We are pooring money into projects that have limited future and struggle to look doable when all the data is slanted the right direction.-------examples ----cellulostic ethanol, electric cars etc.  Many of these projects are going to be messes to be cleaned up.----------like usda's tail water pits.

The stimulus dollars need to be accounted for on  an "every 3 years" basis.  Every dollar.

0 Kudos
kinderb
Contributor

Voting in the St. Louis suburb area was extremely high this morning. Everyone I talked to in this mostly conservative county had to wait the longest they have ever had to wait to vote. Also hearing the inner city polls are turning out large in the St.L

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Go ahead a build the nine new holes.......that way they'll have somewhere to stick Obamacare....Smiley Wink 

0 Kudos
booked
Veteran Contributor

Wow, what a guy can learn reading these posts. Have never herd of   "a tail water pit". Checked google now I feel better!!      

0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

There is limited time ...

.... to get your grain marketing in order by understanding the situation.

IF you think the last month reflects a status quo that will hold you will be in for a surprise. A big one.

The info on Ukraine, Kazahkstan and the rest of the Black Sea is really old news and known by those who collect information. The Black Sea is all but done. They are restricting exports now, it just isn't official. Russia will be importing milling grain. Some from Europe. So where will Britiain get the milling grade it needs? It's wheat has been ruined and they didn't get much of a chance to get seeded this fall. 

This is a serious situation and it appears to be headed toward 'more serious', as I expected. Why haven't the markets exploded? Because they are a lagging indicator. The writing has been on the wall regardiig trends. What is happening now is that the writing on the wall is being written over and over again and is bolder and darker.

0 Kudos