cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Floor Talk February 15

Place particular emphasis on the to my knowledge part as it has gotten pretty high before but not fob at the farm.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

My neck of the woods, south central North Dakota. basis is minus 42 corn ,  and minus 55 soybeans..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

ouch, must kind of hurt seeing other areas + basis.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

bkadds, i'm familiar with the , Plainview area (where everything is in plain view), esp the elevators...Dumas, Dalhart, Texline.

-traveled that route several times----been a while.

Were you there in 2002?  We were driving to Co, around Mar 1.  were driving N on 27 just south of Palo D canyon when the mother of Siberian express' hit...... no precip -----where you can SEE the more dense air mass in the distance (more blue).

stopped @ the canyon for a look --i'm guessing N wind was a sustained 35 - 40 mph......temp went from about 60 F, N of Lubbock to 30 at the canyon (little snow overnight) stayed night in Amarillo---morning was @ 5 F-- w/ windchills -30 or so.......was quite the experience!

Hope U have a lot of 12 Corn left!

c-x-1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Yes, I was here. 2010 was another good winter, but since we have had about 6 inches a year total accumulated precipitation. Extremely dry. Have quite a bit left of 2012, but like to move it prior to summer.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

we're in H - town. 2011 was Historic dry even for these parts b/c normally tropical -- 48 in/yr avg.

From Sep 1, 2010 - Oct 1, 2011 (13 months) had only 10 inches!............i remember walking in the yard a few times in Aug 2011 , seemed like i was at the ranch in west - central Tx.......................ground crackled w/ every step, had crevices forming.................even smelled like west Tx!

Funky weather cycle we are in, for sure.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

H-town? Wow, 48 inches. I would take half that.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I know, it's a lot of rain. the frogs and mosquitos love it.

we are in a 10 inch deficit, currently------over last 6 months.....

0 Kudos