cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Floor Talk January 12, 2021 (Report Day)

At the close:

At the close, the March corn futures finished 25¢ higher at $5.17 1/4, the daily limit. May corn futures settled 25¢ higher at $5.19.

March soybean futures finished 45 3/4¢ higher at $14.18 1/2. May soybean futures closed 43 3/4¢ higher at $14.13 3/4.

March wheat futures finished 30 1/2¢ higher at $6.65 3/4.

March soymeal futures closed $18.60 short term higher at $465.40.

March soy oil futures ended unchanged at 42.63¢ per pound.

In the outside markets, the NYMEX crude oil market is $0.84 per barrel higher (+1.61%) at $53.09. The U.S. dollar is lower, and the Dow Jones Industrials are 68 points higher (+0.22%) at 31,077 points.

Mike

----------------

At 11:25am:

USDA releases bullish report. Corn locks limit up.

USDA tightens corn, soybean ending stocks Tuesday.

Mike

----------------

At 8:45am:

Ag markets rise ahead of USDA report Tuesday.

Mike

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Houston we have a problem

"Al Kluis, Kluis Advisors, says that the outside investors could have a say in the future direction of grain prices."

Right here boy's and girl's is two of ag s problems year in and year out.

A self proclaimed expert and people with no skin and no production, no handling, no end use distorting the values of millions of people's livelihood.

roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Re: Houston we have a problem

Boy, ain’t that the truth!

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

The last five years 3 out of four times it/they have worked against better prices.

I'm hoping/betting this will not be one of them.

I'm long in the bin.

0 Kudos
illinifarmer
Advisor

Very fortunate Hobby good to hear.  Many locals like myself are sold out at current year end just to pay the bills.  Hopefully 21’ cooperates better for us up here.  Weather and markets 

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

And a press that blindly follows the easy .......

0 Kudos
Packard27
Senior Contributor

Re: Floor Talk January 12, 2021 (Report Day)_Corn & Beans?

Anyone care to take an anonymous SWAG about what is going on in the grain commodities markets today?

This amateur observer is curious to hear some "skin in the game" ag opinions.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Well, I sold some corn and soybeans before the report. That’s really all you need to know as to why the markets are up. 

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

This had been a wonderful trend by accomplishing what it had without a limit up day.  Today is the spec money trying to make a quick buck with usda's help---criminal activity by those with masks and microphones.   notice how the market reacted well before the report came out..... some get the info leaked early..... just the way greed and corruption works.

I am watching basis the next couple of days...... A normal trend is to have a limit day and let the political contributors have the early report..... then soon after the move (depending on its strength) take half of it back from the "storer" adjusting the basis down.

But if this is a truly supply driven trend the market will ignore it all and keep grain moving.  If SA has trouble delivering late or in limited supply we may see shipping activity limited by countries protecting supply... other than the US who will continue chasing its tail and act entitled.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Or usda will dump 40% of its bushels on the market.......

0 Kudos