cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Floor Talk January 12, 2021 (Report Day)_Corn & Beans?

Nice. 😃

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

SW,

Interesting and informative. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

From todays article in SF..... a quote      "Global usage of corn and soybeans is up, and production is not keeping up with supply"   Hasn't that been obvious with worldwide rolling drought---Great plains aquifers diminishing, California reducing water supply to crops for several years(except for the rich mans grapes) infavor of city sprawl.  Northern states harvesting a weak corn crop all winter just a couple years ago.  Extreme weather in the south.  Corn belt destruction this year.   Technology that has basically stopped producing yield boosting breakthroughs now that the monopoly status has been established.

Even the huge new expansion in SA...... How good can that be.   We expanded corn and beans uphill into the great plains also.  And we have room to expand it another 10 million acres or even 20 million acres... but remember all the cherries got picked the first time.  What is left is not going to yield enough to pay its own expenses.  How good can the next big expansion in brazil actually produce? And where does US production go if we add another 20 million acres that produce 35 bushel per acre.--------I am not opposed to technology nor the producing capacity of independent US farmers.---- but we have turned those things over to giant corporations and political entities at central planning.... I think we may be well past peak production agriculturally world wide......... I can see it in the eyes of producers...... most are and have been holding on and in fear of $8 corn with a $7.50 cost of production.

It is 2:06pm and corn was the only commodity that held on to have a limit up day..   Usda has more adjusting to do.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Maybe   some   RownDupp  ready  -$80.oo  seed  unit  wheat  germ  would  help  -  alleviate  the  deficit in  production side  - ?   

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Hummm.

Looks like even the USDA paper bu didn't store any better than

Some of the long term stored bu in China. They both composted.

Just how massive will they claim this next crop to be???

Crop insurance might have some high dollar guarantees this year.

Rents and inputs set to rise...?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

THANKS HOBBY,  thats a well written analysis--- I had not read.....   ADM has been less active here after building this terminal location west of Hooker... Got out of the "services to producers" altogether.  I like the following quote...

"Looks like the tumult begins with an increase in demand from last year with an additional 76 million in disappearance in feed and residual"       It is nice to get some public notice that some of us non government/education workers did not take half of 2020 off and go on a vacation.  Or use the "work at home" excuse to keep the paycheck coming.  The well marbled steaks got fed every day in 2020.  Although ethanol production took a month to collect the paid "crisis" holiday.  Feedlots were backed up on inventory and fed heavier for several months.  And of course the primary education task got fulfilled.... free lunches got handed out ..... 

Just think what demand is on a year without bandits holding up every "stage coach" of commerce intermittently throughout 2020  ------  and the realization that the number of mouths in the world needing fed is still going up. 

0 Kudos