cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Floor Talk January 23

I can feel All of that southern wheat that's done in June up north here when I'm doing mine up here in August. But because of regional wheat movement being mostly done in September we can gain 10-25/t by waiting a month longer.

Anyways, those southern guys definitely dampen futures from June to August.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Now you are attacking the editorial staff! You simply have no limits to your arrogance!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

live2farm,

Well said ------ and thanks for joining in.

Question.-------- I watch the southern colo and Nmexico mountains and have to ask----------- Do you see a surplus of snow in the mountains??

From my view ------ we haven't seen good mountain snow levels in many years.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

L2F -- What do you mean by this statement in your post --  Plus, it was so contaminated, it probably is a good thing. 

Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Ken,  I assumed it was the one with houses, trees, dirt and pets floating in it.  But you made a good observation there and a great question.

L2F explain please.  

0 Kudos
live2farm
Friend

SW-No, I don't see a surplus of snow. Plus, we have had warm temps the last few weeks, the snow melt has already started. March and April can be big snowpack months, but it's not a sure thing. It could be 200% snowpack today, we could have a warm dry spring, and it'll all be gone by May. FYI-they are calling for a warm, dry spring.

ECIN-the water came through many cities/towns and went several hundred miles....it took out at least 2 city waste water plants, there were millions of gallons of oil spilled in the river from storage tanks being washed out, plus god knows what in chemicals/debris/trash from going that far. It went right through our place, the ground still stinks. The officials told us to stay out of the water ad where it went, and to keep livestock away from it. All I know is, I know of several cows, horses, dogs, etc. that got around that water that died a short time later.
Senior Advisor

Thanks L2F - You have to remember i'm over on the East side of the river and our news coverage was NOT like you guys seen it first hand .  I just did not put 2 and 2 together on it but ole sw sure did - Smiley Happy

So L2F - One more question - How many acres did it affect on you and was it crop land or pasture ?  Boy when Mother Nature decides to throw a tizzy fit she sure can .

Thanks

ken

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

The weekend of Dec. 20-21-22 - we recieved 5.8 inchs of rain - most fell on the 21 st . The funny thing w the next day  went to town I expected to see lakes everywhere - but there was not one - it had been pretty dry most of the summer - but in the fall we starte to pickup some - with very little coming out tiles , the amazeing thing was that 3 days after 5.8 inchs - the tiling machines were running again with very little rut's - Now boys - to me that ground had to be pretty dry .

Now we are Living in Alaska ! So to speak - Then bout 2 weeks ago Indy got 11  -12 inchs of snow - I'm 25 miles East of the Circle City and we got 1.3 inchs of rain , then changed to snow = only an inch , still no ponding in the fields . The funny thing is that we have had just enough snow cover to keep the ground thawed and when it dos rain it go's right on down - well most of it dos .

I guess where I'm headed with this - after the drought of 12 then still dry some what in 13 - we still haven't caught up . But are getting better --  Smiley Happy

BTW  I' m thinking about produceing a New TV show for the America Channel --- Buying  Alaska --

In Indiana -- lol

Have a good one

ken

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

What's wrong Krafty..........miss your morning nap

Can someone get Krafty another SS check before he melts down in isle 2 in front of the bubble gun rack

Feel like I'm in a welfare snickers commercial whenever Krafty shows up.......take it easy Betty white
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Wouldn't mind being in Alaska about now, it's a heckuva lot warmer there.

0 Kudos