cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Floor Talk July 11 (Report Day)

Roarin, you just might be on too something!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

USDA says........"show me the crop losses".    Most farmers are saying....."show me where all this corn is".  The traders say....."we have and are gonna have plenty."    The market advisors say......."Send me more money".

Meanwhile,  Back to the weather,

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Good Summary

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Roarintiger,

That is a very good analysis of the current situation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

+1 roaring
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

So.......USDA is predicting a national soybean yield of 44.5?    wow..........

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Question is, if we have all this corn, why are the local elevator calling around asking farmers for corn? Where is all this corn? They can not get enought to fill their trains, or keep their feed mills supplied. Sad thing is its July 11th. We have a long way to go before new crop hits the pipeline

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

With the report that was given and where the markets are trading this last half hour of trade, don't you believe that the USDA has lost the respect of the marketing world and is quickly losing what little credibility it still has? If they don't start answering some of the questions they are creating, will they completely lose their marketing influence?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

fbf - remember, we have all this corn coming from South America and that HUGE Texas crop that was grown totally without water (see drought maps of Texas over last 6 months - must be that new drought tolerant stuff Syngenta is playing with).  I hear the ships are lined up and ready to unload millions of bushels of corn and soybeans destined for all parts of the US.  I haven't seen the pictures of that actually, I've on.y heard that it's happening so TRUST ME, this is the internet - it must be so.  So don't worry - if all else fails the USDA will make a swipe with their magic wand and "POOF", we have all the crop we need to feed a hungry world, and it didn't cost a dime (other than of course to the producers who still believe the bs and sold because corn was going to $4.00 - or was that $3.00.  I can't remember, the years kinda blur together after a while.

Jen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

What you thinking Buckley_HF   down a buck in soybeans and .50 cents in corn.   Mr Grabanski did appear to be spot on in the near term which he did qualify his remarks as "in the near term".     

He made me some money again.

0 Kudos