cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Re: Floor Talk July 11

Elections also have results.   Good or bad, this thing is far from over.   We might be looking out clear to 2024.  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
illinifarmer
Advisor

Future just for shi:s and giggles what’s a seat going for to become a member at CBOT now days? When I worked there it was around 800k$. Not really a viable option for the majority without what you call a handout.
0 Kudos
nutlug
Veteran Contributor

Why do you need a seat on the board? Open an account with a discount broker and get a real time quote and order system and start living the easy life of a commodities trader. 😉
0 Kudos
futurestrader92
Veteran Contributor

Don't even know Illinifarmer, I'm set up through a broker. As Nutlug pointed out most people wouldn't be on the board. 

0 Kudos
sol1971
Frequent Contributor

WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING TRADERS....there's no trading floor...and the EPA just scraped a plan to force refineries to blend in more biofuels ...and what now? are you gonna blame traders for this one?

0 Kudos
sol1971
Frequent Contributor

you know how you change this...elections are coming... make sure that you chose someone who cares about farmers... not just some idiot that thinks a trade war is a smart idea...

0 Kudos
sol1971
Frequent Contributor

you really need to read a bit more about how economics work... i know farmers work harder than anyone...but you need to inform yourself and pick people who have something in common with you...someone who has a background in agriculture... not a moron who has never set foot on a corn or soybean field... and if you have a problem with traders....now you r just looking for someone to blame other than our own government...

0 Kudos
sol1971
Frequent Contributor

you didn't need to buy a membership to trade...you could just lease it... there's no floor anymore people

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Why be a trader?   I'd rather stay with something related to agriculture..

0 Kudos
deasmatt90
Senior Contributor

love to be a trader and wouldn't mind the game if there was a little disclosure and more oversite, but sh*t, when you can't even get a level playing field from a taxpayer funded gov agency that handles such volatile reports what's the damn point! Looks like more of a game of who can bribe the most, and control the media the best, instead of a game of skill and fundamentals!