cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Floor Talk July 11

Fact is what other moves does china have. Beans were the only one! Now South America buying our beans to send to china.
So trump puts more tariffs on Chinese goods and beans go down further.
Please oh wise traders tell us what else china has up their sleeves that will further affect the grain market, because when I get away from this site, supply doesn't look as abundant as is being reported.
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Crop conditions reports showing some of the best corn and soybean acres ever. Our weekly conference call with elevators all over the midwest confirmed the crop condition reports. Last year the same farmers were worried they would make 200 bushels an acre, this year they are being conservative quoting 250. Going to be plenty of grain this coming year, and reduced overseas demand, that's a recipe for lower prices. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I believe the traders should double down on short positions and go on out to next year shorting with this big supply. With only about half the farmers next year, it will be fun watching them have to buy back their positions!
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Yeah well thats a lie
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Keep shorting!
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Deasmatt we are currrently holding a big short position. However with Trump calling the shots its all for short term volatility plays, for farmers sake I hope he wraps this up sooner rather then later. We don't want to hold any position longer then a week right now, simply because of excessive volatility caused by tariffs.  

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

This is when farmers need to be unionized. Not to complain, but for all to put a harrow in the field at the same time! Change that supply by 50% in about three days. Keep it confidential. And watch the reports start coming in.
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Man Deasmatt with all your conservative viewpoints I'm surprised you would advocate for a union, you seem like a free market kind of guy. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Not as crooked as this sh*t is. Usda just decided to have a total lockout on report release info. Six news media were allowed to know what was in report before anyone else. Only ones with access payed for it. All big trader oriented. Should have been that way all the time. I always wondered how the market reacted to release so quick that no one had time to even read the damn report, well now I know. Maybe not a union just a co-op to control the other side of the market as the MMs do
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

If the game is rigged, why play? 

0 Kudos