cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: Floor Talk July 13

KY- It's dropped to 67 here , waiting on round 2 to come threw

Wind -- I think that would be a dang good idea to price 20 % - Then when it go's up another 25 cents after you sell it - I will price soom - Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

The crop progress report doesn't really give either bears or bulls much ammo.  Thought maybe it might improve enough to stop this rally, but with the high temps forecasted for the next two weeks, that may be the driver of the moment. 

Have to wonder how all this high moisture corn in the bins will handle 100+ heat indexes. 

Here we have plenty of moisture now, so heat doesn't hurt the crop like in a dry year.  Just hard on us old guys, but the old timers use to work in this all summer and sleep in the heat at night.  Tougher men for sure.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

ECIN, in the past, my selling has caused many a "price spike."  Maybe I'll tame it down to 10% and let SW "spike it up when he prices some.Smiley Surprised
We are at 91* heat index at 95 NW wind at 13mph.  Corn is tasseling, harvested 300 doz. sweetcorn this morning, (some of the best tasting ever) also, the crew picked 900 muskmelon this morning. 

The harvest is on.  Life is good, very thankful.

PS The yellow "snoopies" are starting to fly around, but not sure which crop they are spraying or for what?

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Wind - I have to ask - What State do you live in - Sweet corn is not even close here - should be - but rain has pushed it back - local produce stand - said they are Importing there's - Must be coming out of KY - lol  Boy it sure sounds good !!

As far as the prike spike - I sold some his morning and see what it did ?? Think I will sell some more before they close - then you and sw can cash in the big bucks .

1/2 inch with this last round - still talking , round 2 is starting to fire up in IL - 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

102 and nearly still............ not so abnormal for us except for the humidity,,,,, still pretty humid although we are not seeing the rains we sent east three weeks ago....

I could use a little "wind" right now, and I think he has a good idea toning it down some...... we are still looking at corn that is too small and stressing in the heat..... certainly trying to catch up....  older stuff is tasseled but some just over 5 feet tall....

This just doesn't feel like a big year.... A survival year ....

But when I price some look out ...... it is one of the few absolute truths you'll read on this board....  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

It's what I call a bad day,  

Loading out a truck of corn to feedlot this morning from storage....... bearing went out and overhead spout wouldn't stop.......

Got about 1200 bu of mess to scoop up before the first truck hits here at 7 in the morning...

It is a little warm for this activity.......

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

ECIN, looks like 2nd round is getting close to you, we missed the first wave.
Big ? about second one.
Highest reading that I saw on phone day, 99 with feels like of 112.
Glad I was inside working on sweetcorn
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Question.  How can you call it floor talk, when there is no longer a floor ?Smiley Indifferent