cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: Floor Talk July 19

But yet, again, down we go. Something in this market stinks. If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, and quackes like a duck, well - you know. Show me some remarkable rain totals, this market doesn't seem to need anyone's help to go down.

Jen
0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Jenny: have you read Chase's input?

Right now We have $7ish + corn. I have been farming since '72 and this is a nice neighborhood.

Do I think corn should go to $8? Yes if you use the criteria that put it there last year it should be $8.55 cash now. There just absolutly has to be less free stock corn out there than last year. The E plants are making money and the livestock absolutly has to eat. The harvest whatever it is in the main corn belt is going to be later than the last few years in many areas.

All the weather reports have us with a very good chance of moisture Sunday. Right now I'd take that quarter to half inch and say thank you.

As I'll get back out there and start mowing more hay to go with all I mowed yesterday, I've set the trap and am adding bait to get a rain.

0 Kudos
hanktbd
Senior Contributor

Hobby, LMAO. I thought I was the only one who put out rain bait. Used to be leaving all the truck and car windows open worked pretty good, but last year even that quit working.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Can't use that bait here...too many dema-cats

ellen3697897
Contributor

Mike, that crop 'update' is impressive! market isflat...

0 Kudos
mnvtfarm
Veteran Contributor

That big front moved through my area early this morning, nothing, zero, ziltch.

0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

Dryland corn and other crops in the southern Plains has been on the line for awhile. Much of it will go by the wayside if significant and widespread rain doesn't happen. Which means it's already been hurt badly in many places.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

If there was a presidential election this fall we would probably be at record prices right now.