cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyclonegrain
Veteran Contributor

Re: Floor Talk July 30

So, if I understand you correctly.......IF you happen to have better, more accurate information that nobody else has access to you are "cheating" the system?  You admit you can't prove it, but still feel we are being taken advantage of somehow.  We all have lots of information, but we all view it differently.  You Jen talked last week how less than ideal the crop was from Fargo south to Sioux Falls?  I was through there a week before you and know several people along that route and I thought it looked exceptional and locals are talking record type corn, and beans still to be determined.  We looked at the same thing and we saw it differently.  I guess my issue it the "poor me Chicago is screwing me over" mentality.  Coulda sold $5.00+ futures corn and $12.00+ futures beans for how long?  It isn't necessarily about the information, it is how to "view" and use what you get/got.   

0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Cyclone - What the H were you looking at?!!!  Whatever.....

Jen

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

i thought it was other way around - weren't ag futures created to enable producers more stability and profitability? 

0 Kudos
highyields
Senior Contributor

The board of Trade was never about farmers, even when corn was $7,,,,whats bad is everything is set for $5 or $6 corn and we have $3 something,,,,  Its up to the farmers to make money for ourselves,   I don't like the idea that farmers think they deserve a living.  we are producing widgets, that just happen to be food.   Just as well admit that we are at the bottom and everyone wants to make money off of us.   

another thing that really gets to me is the idea that we have "Ideal weather" in the forecast. 

If you walk in my corn field today you will find 14 row by 40 kernels all the way to 18 row by 40 kernel ears.   BUT without a rain,,,we will be lucky to clear 100 bushel,,,,  

Soybeans are hanging in there,   hard to say yet, Yes if we get a rain, well have good beans, if we don't we'll be pushing 30 bushel or less.    

Its dry enough here that the alfalfa isn't coming back, grass doesn't re grow and I'm hauling water to cows,   Does that sound like "ideal weather" to you

0 Kudos
turdypointbuck
Frequent Contributor

I dont believe the market owes me a profit, but who's to say it owes me a loss?

0 Kudos