cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Floor Talk June 15

$ 1.05 for july delivery.  Optima, Oklahoma.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Check these:

http://poet.com/plants

One in Ohio is $1.31 over August, Mike do we get a Booby prize for best or worse report?

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

jweiser1925,

I'm sure there is some swag laying around the shop that we can send you!  Smiley Happy

Mike

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

In 1996 corn in that part of the world traded at +175-200 over  September futures

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Mike,

Marion, Ohio Poet is $1.25 over Sept. futures for June/July delivery.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

sw363535,

How much higher is this vs. normal? Just curious how unusual this basis is, compared to previous years.

Mike

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Around here, spot price for June, is normally 15-25 cents under Chicago, as of right now, Cargill is at +40, with at least one local feed mill, paying +55.

So, compared to 'normal', I'd say the basis is 60 cents more to the positive side, than average.

New crop basis is 4 cents under Chicago for harvest deliver, as of right now.  'Normal' is 35-45 under.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We're paying .38 over CN in East Central Illinois.  Competition is anywhere from .28 to .40 over CN ADM Decatur is paying .60 as of last night.  That gets pretty close to the high basis prices vs the sept

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

ADM in Cedar Rapids is bidding $6.50 June and $6.63 1st half Aug.  I'd say 13 cents for6 weeks is decent carry.  I sold them a load for Aug.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Gold eagle coop 21 cents over the july and they have an ethanol plant to keep supplied.

0 Kudos