Advisor

Re: Floor Talk June 19

Unless the Walmart shoppers start to riot when the supply of cheap chinese junk runs out.

Honored Advisor

Isc76cat, IMO —bad immigration policy has been good for political fortunes of those who say they care the most. It will not change as long as it makes good headlines.
Those who point the finger will not lift one to change or enforce a law they would rather break.
Advisor

sw - entirely correct - much easier to chastise and blame those trying to force change and deal with

problems that have been decades in the making.  Without dependence where would all those new voters come from?

Wish people would study up on Mexico's immigration policy.  Why aren't they being held accountable for

the lack of security on their southern border.  Do these "asylum" seekers ever ask Mexico for that?

There must be reasons why Mexico lets them pass thru.  Reconquista policy??

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

[ Edited ]

Marxist politics uses the huddled masses to conquer institutions.  It is an orchestrated operation from within the US before it ever gets to Mexico.

US immigration should not even be involved with this orchestrated stunt.  No one has legally applied or qualified for immigration status.  They should be turned away at the border especially as children without parental supervision.  If they intend to enter as vacationing guests, they should be able to show means of support with parents and a visitors itinerary.

Enforce the law.

Political power brokers in the US should not be allowed to use the poor or any country and especially children to create an opportunity for political change.  It is the worst kind of treason.

The press has a right to publish with freedom, but that does not give it authority to conspire in criminal activity.  The press and our political educators dance dangerously close to conspiracy way too often.  I do not believe for a minute that either of those groups is as naive as they like to appear.  Criminal activity hiding behind children, bought with the promises of "security" in the US.  Promises not made by The US or its laws, but by political opportunists rebelling against their own government and conspiring to create law and regulation to assist for political goals.

---------------

Conspiracy to overthrow a sitting president of the US hasn't been seen since Lincoln was shot, and never in a scale close to what we are witnessing.  And just like It's predecessor SDS, the Democratic Progressive Leadership will loose support and position of respect over its radical activity against the rule of law and the voters right in the US.  The world is watching and will chear when the flagship of democracy decides that a man without the stink and strings of political control can become president and actually think and speak for himself and his country.  And not just his "party".

I agree that folks should study up.  This is a special time in history and agriculture is being affected by the imposing of political power and law creation  through trade and has been for 30 years.  Free trade was nothing of the kind.  Nothing free about it for the US.  

If we were told in 1975 about the tech industry coming it would have been unbelievable.  But not near as unbelievable as the fact that the world would rely on China to build its components.  That is just a one aspect of manufacturing we lost in the US to trade since Clinton was elected and Al Gore invented the internet.

China does not need to steal any thing or idea from the US.  They have US politicians working in their favor.  We have traded them into great manufacturing power without regulation while we have crippled the US manufacturing with extreme regulation.  We have paid an extreme price for "free Trade".  It wasn't free.

Veteran Contributor

If every farmer got together and disked 20% of planted acres, it would be supply control not cutting nose of to spite your face. Supply would be short and price would rise to levels well above the loss of acreage. Maybe this is what should happen with all of these check off dollars that farmers are paying in many commodities. True supply protection procedures formed. This is not impossible to accomplish. Tobacco, peanuts, and many other crops had quotas controlled by gov. To limit supply. It would have to be done out of the hands of the gov for it to be effective though. Improbable but not impossible. However check off dollars benefit the processor and merchant much more than the producer. Why should I have to pay for advertising When I'm selling raw product wholesale. Shouldn't that be the job of the broker or retail merchant? "Beef it's what's for dinner" . who is that helping when my products price is determined by cbot? Do crude oil producers pay check off dollars mandated by law that goes to advertising their product? I don't see "Dead dinosaurs keeps your car rolling" advertised anywhere. Advertisement is payed for by the retail seller.
Veteran Contributor

Come to think off it, why isn't there a charge per contract at cbot for beef check off?
Veteran Contributor

According to my calculations from my statement last sale of cattle, every contract should pay $7.70 per contract sale to the beef check off.
Veteran Contributor

every thing to do with these associations are all about creating demand and lobbying in Washington, nothing to do with supply management. This is the biggest problem in ag. But who wants supply management in Ag? The gov doesn't, when prices go south they subsidize just enough to provide hope and to keep the producer over planting. Why? The masses like cheap food. If they really wanted to help the farmer they would subsidize laying out acres instead of planted crops. If my calculations are correct they could have taken arc payments and plc payments and used that money for supply control instead of subsidizing an already over supplied market thereby truly helping the producer. By doing this markets recover much more quickly. The fact is the gov likes the markets right where they are, who else likes the planted acres? Well let me see, big seed companies, chemical companies, basically everyone we do business with. Does anyone else find it odd that during one of the biggest ag economic downturns in American history that John Deere, and seed and chemical companies are at there highest level of profit ever? I mean we have ag product suppliers selling and reorganizing parts of businesses to avoid antitrust laws.
What does that tell you?
Veteran Contributor

We have no choice as to products used anymore. Remember the day when a producer stored his soybean seed to plant the next year? I recommend a movie called food inc. Monsanto made sure with lawyers and big pockets, that became a thing of the past, and is all of this new technology making anyone anymore money when the cost of inflation is added in? Absolutely! The suppliers of the production materials! We just get the crumbs, and when it comes to gov. and associations, profit is traded for hope.
Contributor

Most of your crops are exported.... mexico, japan, china, and many others.... when china enter the wto...it created demand for soybeans... at the time the us was the biggest producer..fast forward to now...answer this who's the biggest producer of soybeans now? And remember their government doesnt use subsidies...wise up and realize that our president has no clue of the consequences this can create...the economy doesnt get better overnight... it takes years to get out of a downturn....are you willing to ride the wave? Or are you wiling to change the course? Soybeans should have never gone below 9.00....oh wait, the china tariff kick in tonight...lets see how many cargoes get cancelled in the next few weeks... when china starts diverting purchases to South America...