cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Floor Talk June 24

It will be interesting what Mr.Klingaman and Mr. Bubon have to say about farm land interest in 3 to 5 years from now - after 4 dollor corn - or less

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Hobby, you'd better get some gutters and a downspout on that roof.  Your killing your wife's flower garden.  But boy is it green and colorful in your picture.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

actually the roses love it
This is starting her last year of
Never being home To take care of the little things

The green on the other side of the roses are tomato plants that are planted too close together

They have exploded with growth the last week

Have had gutters . Took them off less problems without them
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Forgot.

Its raining here again

Not a good thing
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

yes rawhide ----- made my 'twinkie' day.

Mike IMO,  The land price may not go down until long after we go below break even.  If I am right, land prices are still a reflection of how sick the rest of the economy is, not many bright spots to invest in.  Look how hard the stock market broke last week on just the hint of less borrowing by the fed.  Even loosing money land may look like the best investment around.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

"investors"

Thats interesting that investors bought that land for that much.  I'm glad their not dealing with my money. I've stated this before, but since China's interest rates are spiking higher today and last week lets say that happens here. If 6 months from now that land is worth half and those "investors" lost half of the money..  I don't know what cash rent is in that area, even if its around $200/ac they'll get something back I guess.   (thats if the land was bought for cash)  I don't like to buy stocks unless they pay a dividend.  so maybe that is the rationale behind "investing" in agricultural land.    I know a family that bought timber ground for an "investment"  once.  Its now worth less then they bought it for,  even with the inflation in land prices.   Interesting how stuff works out.  With gold at a 3 year low,,,Gold went up before land went up.  

my definition of an investor 1) someone that has alot of money, usually they want to park their money someplace safe.  

2) someone that has lot of someone elses money

3) someone that has a good relationship with bankers,,,

For ever million made there is a million lost.  

Twinkies are good,,, I like mine slightly froozen.    

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

I don't think e15 is that big of a deal because retailers won't want to spend money for e15 pumps since they won't make any more money selling e15 than e10 or e85.  Consumers won't get excited about e15 because there won't be enough price difference to justify changing from e10.  You might have a few pockets of supporters in the midwest but nationwide I can't see much change in demand.  The real demand could be if corn really does stay at $4 for awhile.  E85 will be priced competitively with e10.  But this is why I don't think we'll see $4 corn for very long.  Marginal land will be taken out of production in  a big hurry.  But if I knew all the answers I'm not sure I'd be cleaning out grain bins. 

0 Kudos