cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Floor Talk June 25

I had forgotten about that ol rascal. Hope he is doing ok. Anyways, looking at the 15 day with all 90's and ZERO rain is not a good way to start the week.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Well I am sure he is asking his neighbors to see if they will help fill those bushels he thought he was going to have to sell. It sucks when you sold your corn for4.50 and you only have enough to fill half of it and you got to buy the rest back for 10 to fill it.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Mike, have u heard anything different from mid day weather updates? Saw where gfs model maybe has a cold front bringing much needed rain to ECB this weekend caused by TS Debbie? Not a lot, but anything at all would be welcomed
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Buckley,

For us, sw ks, I know this------A week ago the San Juaquin valley in Calif was having 110 temps and this week they are having 80 degree temps.  It usually takes a week to get here and 2 mountain ranges squeeze most of the moisture out but our temps will follow theirs eventually.  So far the weather I follow still says dry.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Thanks sw, yeah everything I follow still says dry too. Maybe just wishful thinking...
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

"Note: Keep in mind that since we closed 'limit up' today, tonight's limits will be expanded to 60¢. That is wild to think we can move this market $1.00 from 9:30 this morning to 5pm tonight. Wow"

Just to remind you/everybody that if the rains in eastern Ne and W 1/2  of Iowa hadn't had a heart attack at I35 and died at the Mississippi River this market would have been a $1 lower tonight, this is all about many farmers misery.

this is/was a no win deal some will most likely raise a great crop at a good price some will get nothing (I know some have NO crop insurance... personal decision based on never having a total failure) others will just get along and make a X on the calendar.

If it had rained we would all be enjoying lower prices. Really a mixed blessing/curse?  

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Mike didn't corn drop a little more than equal?
0 Kudos