cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Floor Talk June 25

Shaggy -- LMAO - That RT1 was just be'n' a trouble maker - all he asked was something like - how many boats were the U.S. shiping out ? I thought it was a fair question - It's big new that they bring one in but not of the boats going out . It is a interesting question thou , I guess I never thought of just how many or not make the trip out of port .

The Mods must be of the bear type on here -lol

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Jen ------- I think I have heard it all in your post - I thought I was a dang good B.Ser - BUT you have me beat -- ! You fell on a 2 pounder hammer - that just happened to be laying just behind you ???  Well I hate to say this - but that blow to the head probably made you a little coo , coo and when you woke up thats the story the person that found you told you what happened ; lol  But glad you were and now OK

What a story - lol good one

Ken

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Ken - it's not a story. It really happened. It was a couple of days before Thanksgiving, and I was having problems with my grain leg. We plugged up a pipe (the reason for the hammer) and my neighbor Roger was up on the grain leg checking out what went wrong. He was yelling down to me that the bearing on the leg went out, and while looking up, I lost my balance, and my feet slipped out from under me because of the fines built up on the concrete. The back of my head was actually the first thing to hit - right on the hammer. When I started to come to, my neighbor was already down from the leg, asking, "What happen ended to her?" He was standing right over me, but it sounded like he was on the other side of the farmstead. Trust me - it happened. I have the hospital bills to prove it.

Jen
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Jen, never mind Ken he doesn't understand hammers and the manual labor it takes to use them.  When the hard work starts he just grabs his phone and calls in his underpaid help to fix the problem.  What he does during that time is still a mystery, but sooner or later he shows up just when things start running smoothly again.  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

So now the story is coming out - Roger dropped the hammer off the leg and you never seen it coming - So instead of Roger telling the truth - he just played dumb - Pretty quick thinking on his part !

BTW Jen - I keep hearing soom buzzing sound or made it's just white noise - It sounds like it's coming from KanASS -- Maybe central KasASS   - Do you hear it ? lol

BTW Jen - Just couldn't help myself -

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

No - I had the hammer because I was on the top of the bin banging on the pipe before I came down and dropped the hammer on the concrete while we were trying to figure out what had to be done. I just fell in the wrong place.

I don't talk about my brain injury very much. I know that I still have problems associated with the fall. I have issues with my eye site, and some issues with short term memory. Some might be age, but I think most of it is related to the fall. Sometimes, I joke about the injury. But not very often, because I still have effects from it. It's really not very funny, and why I haven't mentioned it before on here. It just one of those things.

Jen
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Jen we're glad you've healed from the injury and are able to joke/talk about it.  Sure hope ECIN and my comments didn't upset you they weren't meant to do that.  We're just a couple farm boys that take friendly jabs every now and then.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Yeah, I know - and I opened myself up for it by mentioning it. If I wasn't up for a little ribbing, I wouldn't have said anything.

Jen
0 Kudos