cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: Floor Talk June 26

Brazil does not have enough corn if we short sheet this crop. It is the Chinese and others in the Far East that import much or most of their food stuffs that will be in a twist very shortly.

Taiwan, South Korea, Japan etc are at great risk. They really have no plan B

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Hobby you touch on my fears.    We definitely have financial issues on a world wide basis.  We are all spinning around the toilet bowl of debt.(with the US proudly in the spin).    But if we keep struggling with crop crisis  in several parts of the world,  How close are we to seeing absolute supply shortage.  My fear is--------there is no price support in a low to no supply  market.  I have seen this on a small scale in our area many times.  We are a grain deficit area so in the summer months the buyers for corn try to be "bought up".  You end up with some corn without a home if you are not careful------even at a high price.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

My pickup has been stuck on 106 degrees since before dinner.   Very good irrigated corn is wilting and flashing.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

My guy in NW KS called this afternoon and said his pu temp was at 109 and the slight breeze of 30ish to 44mph was starting to dry up the excess moisture out there.

Just looked at the local cash prices and the games/disconect  continue, board up 28, cash only up 20. I'll bet it''s like a morgue there.

0 Kudos