cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: Floor Talk March 10 (Report Day)

I didn't notice it until your comment so I went back to look for a clue or two.

0 Kudos
cyclonegrain
Veteran Contributor

FYI, the USDA has UNDER estimated final U.S. soy demand on the March report every year since 1990 (except 2011).  The USDA has OVER estimated final U.S. corn demand on the March report in 8 of the last 11 years. 

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Any correlations there with The bio-fuels promotion from washington by way of holding planting acres together.  It is a pretty important report as far as planting intentions.  

I left out the fact that stone added another year to the usda SD report showing 2015 with sub $4 corn projjjjected.  No supprise.  We are not reporting economic activity,, we are projjjecting what probably will be..

BECAUSE  We said so!!   Smiley Happy

By that time $3 corn will be $7.5 on the new devalued currency.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Predicting......not projectiing.....     Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

RT ---------- Your the front man on that one, ----------- I am just enjoying it........ Smiley Happy

The "egg it on" guy...

0 Kudos
WCMO
Senior Advisor

No relevance to those predictions/forecasts/projections unless they attach some measure of probability to it, even if it's just an educated guess.  Same as USDA.  Not sure which one would have more interest in manipulating the numbers to achieve whatever end result they're seeking.  Might actually trust the USDA more.  Oops!  Did I just say that?

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Wouldn't bother me either way --------- if there was some assurance that we arrived at accuracy 6 months after harvest.

0 Kudos