cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm not "freak'n out" but the stock market sure is.

That is a lot IF's

If a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump its ***** when it crossed the road!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

H1N1 was "just the flu," but a bad one that emerged after the annual vaccine was in production. Resulted in a near doubling of the typical seasonal flu deaths that year.

Impossible to say with accuracy but a conservative estimate would be that Covid-19 is 30X worse.

Beyond fathoming that people would circulate propaganda merely for very short term political cover when the thing is going to play out over weeks or months anyway.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I'll walk back a tiny bit and to stay on the very conservative safe side lets say 10X worse- average flu death rate is around .1% so let's hope for only 1%. That probably requires the (quite likely) situation where there are a lot more cases than reported anywhere.

But the other there is the denominator- there is no native immunity and no vaccine on the near horizon. So the potential number of cases is far larger than the typical 15-50M flu cases annually.

While it will be annoying to hear all the "fake news" and "junk science" yelping if the strong move to social distancing stops this from being a full blown catastrophe, I'll gladly put up with it.

0 Kudos