cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Floor Talk March 15

Highyield, 

pull yourself away----shut it off------get a grip.  Smiley Happy

I take it you don't think inflation is an issue.  Comparing farm financial statements from 5 yrs ago seems to support inflations presence.  As does the corn break even price.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

local ethanol plant is buying corn (southern Mn ) for ten cents under chicago. Must be some money to be made yet, right?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I am another long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks for the timely updates during the day of trade. I enjoy reading Palouser, Shelly, Marketeye and Mizzou Tiger. Your positive attitude is appreciated. I feel I owe MT a steak dinner for his advice last year!

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Slim,

Great to have you in the Marketeye "Cafe". We appreciate your complimentary remarks and your contributions to the discussions going forward. As far as steak dinners, I'll meet you at 801 Grand Steakhouse, downtown Des Moines, Iowa. I would be glad to let you pick up the tab. Smiley Happy What works best for you, tonight at 7pm or Saturday at 8pm?  

Take care,

Mike

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Yeah in my way of thinking I would think we have inflation in the market already.   One thing that I noticed is that Natural Gas was the first thing to go up years ago, Now we are at ten year lows, Wheat was one of the first grains to go up and now it is dragging behind.   In my own opinion I think commodity inflation is slowing down.   

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Our is 13 cents under BUT they are only taking corn half days. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hey, Sometime listener, sometime commenter wanted to say good job on the floor comments too. Its not the same when your not "in". I had verification of fieilds being planted in southern Ill, FYI. and some unsubstantiated rumor of corn planting by a couple guys in east central Kansas. Ethanol plant in Nebraska is widening basis here. I have read some that think corn is prime to move alot higher. Dont know if its MArch MAdness or what. New crop is always going to get held back at this point, but if some major, or minor? weather event happens in the US, we will be back to where we are at. As far as the economy? dont get too bullish yet, but many are thinking we will jump into hyper-inflation and I agree with the comments on here, inflation is here now. Its all governments tweeking the numbers to fool us. But my counter tuition tells me to go the opposite way...is there anyway we can hit hyper-deflaion all of a sudden?

maybe something like this.....Greece, ITaly, Spain go into default. China growth screems to a halt, some think the breaks are being engauged now, England has problems, markets race for a safe haven for about six months which is the dollar, prices of commodities drop, but markets crashes around the world reduce S & P by half, which causes widespread panic in US, no buying anything, and rapid deflation kicks in...dont know if all my thoughts are in order, but....

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I Wanta repeat what Mike said,  great to have new input folks on this thread,

Dodger, I have my doubts that things will go that way without a real string of diseasters.  Too many governments are pushing things the other way.  It appears there is no limit to our printing dollars and devaluing currency to keep things leaning the other way.

0 Kudos