cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Floor Talk, May 13, 2019

Keep  mind ,  the  use  of   money,  and  debt  '' mindset ''  is  quite  different  once  you  leave  the  unpaved  roads  of  rural  landscape  -  -  -

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

After a couple of years I can finally get on and use this chat room. It took both big Don and sleepy jewelry to get me on but finally. No Planting in all of Michigan except a few small spots of Sandy soil. Looks bad for the small medium and big time Farmers.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

swmi,

Good to have you on the greatest market forum in the free world. We appreciate you stopping by and contributing. As I understand it, you have more endusers of corn in Michigan nowadays? More hog operations to feed the newly built pork plants?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Huge hog processing plant in Coldwater Michigan which is lower central part of the state just opened up about one year ago
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Prevent plant does not put a zero on yield history.  You have to plant something in that field to get a yield history for that year.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

But it does plug in a low yield for the PP 1st crop if you plant a 2nd crop.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Mike, I'm not farming anymore, but I do make my living now hauling hogs to the new 10,000 hd a day plant. Hog barns are springing up all over Michigan. I heard that Michigan is one of the fastest growing hog states at the moment. So far I've hauled 640 hogs to the plant this week and will haul 2,500 feeder pigs to farm for finishing today. 

BTW lots of field work here on the sands yesterday.

0 Kudos