rusureofit
Frequent Contributor

Re: TIME.........

Probably should say I'm in central MN

0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

Re: Floor Talk May 4

you are exactly right Ken.  When the doctor, lawyers, barbers know the news the market is done.  Some can't grasp that concept of how the market works.

0 Kudos
glenlivet18
Veteran Contributor

I'm with ttp, generally once the news comes out it's been factored into the market.  The news is always most bullish at the top, and the day the world theoretically runs out of this or that is the day the prices reach their high point.

I'm not saying the top is in for soybeans but I think the South American issue has been pretty well played out.  Not sure how much more mileage there is to get out of that.  More short term, it looks like it's going to be another day of selling with oil down hard again, s&p and gold going in the same direction. 

0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

That is unless you are a pema bull or a super bull,  you then always think grains are going higher.  Damned the person that says it will drop in price.

0 Kudos
jec22
Veteran Advisor

vrbuck, which is it?  Are beans going to 20 like you said, or are they dropping in price?  You change your mind more than a woman.

0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

ultimate ego stroke

0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

Do I need to reference if I am talking about corn, beans, wheat or lumber.  Most of everything I have talked about has to do with corn.  very rarely have I talked directly about beans. 

0 Kudos
Farmerjoe79
Senior Contributor

Well you always think it's going down. Why wouldn't you want what you grow to go up in price.
0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

because it doesn't............You can make more money in farming if your head isn't in the clouds.

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Weather is the single biggest factor in row crop production......having your head in the clouds is very useful if you understand its influence.......

Course you seem to have it figured out......I mean that whole demand stinks and exports are horrible thing seems to be working out.......

Ending soya stocks could be a shocker real soon......
0 Kudos