cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Floor Talk November 11

At the close:

At the close, the Dec. corn futures settled 3 1/4 cents higher at $3.62 1/4.  Nov. soybean futures are trading 4 cents higher at $8.68 1/2. 
Dec. wheat futures ended 4 cents higher at $4.94 3/4. 
Dec. soymeal futures finished $1.80 per short ton higher at $294.00. Dec. soyoil futures finished $0.09 lower at $27.18.  
In the outside markets, the Crude oil market is $1.43 lower per barrel, the U.S. dollar is lower, and the Dow Jones Industrials are 9 points lower.

Mike

--------

At mid-session:

At mid-session, the Dec. corn futures are trading 3 3/4 cents higher at $3.62 3/4.  Nov. soybean futures are trading 1 1/4 cents higher at $8.65. 
Dec. wheat futures are trading 1 1/2 cents higher at $4.92. 
Dec. soymeal futures are $0.10 per short ton higher at $292.30. Dec. soyoil futures are trading $0.04 lower at $27.23.  
In the outside markets, the Crude oil market is $1.06 lower per barrel, the U.S. dollar is lower, and the Dow Jones Industrials are 38 points higher.

Jack Scoville, The PRICE Futures Group Senior Market Analyst, says that the markets are much quieter today then they were yesterday.
“People are ready to ignore their broker once again! The selling pressure has backed off and there is a lot of talk of renewed buying interest from exporters and processors across the board, at these levels,” Scoville says. 
Fresh news is down, due to the Veterans Day holiday, he says. 
“I think we will hang around here for a while and wait for some weather from South America or new demand.  World prices seem pretty stable today as well.  Canada closed today, we are partly closed, and people are hanging out,” Scoville says.

Mike

-----------

At the open:

At the open, the Dec. corn futures are trading 1 3/4 cents higher at $3.60.  Nov. soybean futures are trading 2 1/2 cents higher at $8.67. 
Dec. wheat futures are trading 1 3/4 cents higher at $4.92. 
Dec. soymeal futures are unchanged at $292.20. Dec. soyoil futures are trading $0.05 lower at $27.22.  
In the outside markets, the Crude oil market is $0.17 lower per barrel, the U.S. dollar is lower, and the Dow Jones Industrials are 13 points higher.

Mike

------------

At 7:25am:

Early calls: Corn 1-2 cents higher, soybeans 2-4 cents higher and wheat 6-8 cents higher.

Trackers:
Overnight grain, soybean markets = Trading higher.
Brent Crude Oil = $0.61 higher.
Dollar =Higher.  
Wall Street = Seen higher.

World Markets = Europe stocks were higher, Asia/Pacific stocks were lower.

More in a minute,

Mike

0 Kudos
8 Replies
illinifarmer
Advisor

Re: Floor Talk November 11

Lol wow
0 Kudos
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

In my opinion.....the markets should be closed
Today.

We dedicate today to honor those who served and
Protect us...
Most small business, the government, schools
Are closed

Had it not been for these people, there would be no markets.

Yes, they they are, takingoney away from people

What an ungrateful bunch of &%$#!#@.

Raid!
0 Kudos
OKdon
Senior Contributor

I prefer the market be open on all up days and closed on down days. 

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

The markets should be closed on USDA report days............................

giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Talk about a slow market.  I saw more risk, crossing these Chicago streets.  

0 Kudos
infire
Veteran Contributor

Keep at it Mike, I still read daily even though I don't post often, prices are depressing but we still need to be aware of what's going on, besides did anyone really think things could stay that good forever?
0 Kudos
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

infire,

Thank you. That is the greatest amount of gratitude offered up, for awhile. I appreciat it.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Boy watching these markets and reports are like watching the weather in a drought year - up a few degrees - down a few degrees and NO rain in site !

btw - great job of kissing up there infire ! lol   Mike will have to go to a bigger hat size now - Smiley Happy 

Just kidding there Mike - you are the The Man ! 

Dam - where did that lighning bolt come from ?? dang sun's a shineing - not a cloud in the sky - think I will head to lower ground after that one . I guess I should watch what I type   Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos