Honored Advisor

Re: Floor Talk November 23

Mike,  I assume there aren't many of us on the tail gate today so I got a thought or two.

You got a tough task.  A visiting friend and I were discussing how diverse and localized the marketing process is for each producer. Even two farms in the same area gain success in marketing their production in different ways depending on issues like storage, the age of their farm (in its first 15 yrs, or 75th year of production), diversity of production ventures, etc.-------Then change is always present.

Difficult to address all the possibilities--------- yet we need to hear that diversity of thought to stretch, grow and test our own ever changing ideas.

I can't guide you----- I can usually see a problem pretty quickly,  then I fumble with defining it and fixing it---------So I thank you for a couple of things you do not do.  You(the ag.com management) do not take a position of superiority.  SF has never "talked down" to its readers and in marketing as well, you recognize that(for example) the older okie who tells you he's been farming for 30 years and "don't know nuttin about mark etin"------has a plan, and probably a solid one.

Secondly you don't often promote----- Whether it the latest super fad or the foolproof marketing formula.  SF is good at studying and testing the latest ideas, but does not try to "ride the wave" of ego us professionals like to follow.

-----

Ag.com--Marketing-------- Give you guidance, you gotta be kidding, from here it looks like your ridin' a bull without a belly strap in ruttin' season.  Hobby and some others attest to how fast a web site can become "bottom of the bird cage" material.  And frankly freedom of speech does not grant anyone or any group the right to steal a soup box--- or a web site.  I appreciate your tollerance when I let my problems and dust bowl dry humor become inappropriate.  But we all know you can't do that indefinitely.

We owe a lot of thanks to the contributors here who are willing to say "too far" occasionally.  That is taking ownership of  and caring for the site.  I have a lot of respect for that.   How you are getting them to do that, Mike, I don't know ----- whatever it is, keep it up.

Only real idea I had-------- A quality product sells itself, you have a good (product) content to read.  Whatever your doin'---keep doin' it.  Thats my opinion, I hope the numbers are telling you the same.

Honored Advisor

Trade looks like low contract numbers.---------- for a thanksgiving week-----this has been pretty good.  Better than the weeks before.

Senior Advisor

Hey SouthWest Ohio -- Are you OK ???? Farming cranberries ??? On Cape Cod ??Rooting for the ??????????????? POS Pats ???? Maybe I had better call Mrs. SWO and have her rush you to the hospital , as in Stat ! lol
Senior Advisor

sw that was a dang good post ! To tell you the truth here Hobby gave me a call one day and told me i needed to check this site out on marketing I have to say -- thank you Hobby ! this is a great marketing site ! many , many good ideas here as to what or what people are seeing in there area that we woudn't know about . As far as what do to help of impove here ? SF might want to send Jeff and Mike a new alarm clock for Christmas ! LOL I'm just say'n that some of us just can't sit around waiting for the HOT news of the day , like my dad always told me --- Son , there is always something that needs to be done on the farm EVERY day , and if you don't think there is -- your just fooling yourself ! true story ! And Mike -- we need some new excuse's about reporting late ! here let me help -- how about , sorry boy's - there was a new dancer down at the local T- bar last night and I didn't get in till 4 this morning . OR Sorry guy's that Dang Jeff is in town and kept buying me rounds last night ! and then mis type some , lol Just have'n fun you too ! you do a gret job , what was that ? I think lighting hit pretty close , better get ! lol Ken
Honored Advisor

I agree with SW. It isn't broke so lets not "fix" it.

A little change the oil, grease the driveline, and snug up the muffler belt occasionally might be a good thing.

Thanks for the kind word ECIN. I like seeing your posts. I knew you had it in you.

Advisor

SW,

I don't know if that was a compliment or an insult but either way,"Thank You".  Smiley Happy

Veteran Advisor

dollar tanking