cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Contributor

Floor Talk November 27

At the close:

At the close, the Dec. corn futures finished 3 1/2¢ lower at $3.38 3/4. March futures finished 3 1/4¢ lower at $3.51. Jan. soybean futures are 2 3/4¢ higher at $9.96.  March soybean futures settled 3¢ higher at $10.07. March wheat futures finished 6 1/2¢ lower at $4.28. January soy meal futures finished $3.40 per short ton higher at $329.30. Dec. soy oil futures closed 0.34¢ lower at 33.74¢ per pound.  In the outside markets, the NYMEX crude oil market is $0.74 lower, the U.S. dollar is higher, and the Dow Jones Industrials are 26 points higher.

Mike

-------------

At mid-session:

At mid-session, the Dec. corn futures are 3¢ lower at $3.39. March futures are 3 1/4¢ lower at $3.51. Jan. soybean futures are 2 1/4¢ higher at $9.95.  March soybean futures are 2 1/4¢ higher at $10.07. March wheat futures are 5 1/4¢ lower at $4.29. January soy meal futures are $3.40 per short ton higher at $329.30. Dec. soy oil futures are 0.32¢ lower at 33.76¢ per pound.  In the outside markets, the NYMEX crude oil market is $1.04 lower, the U.S. dollar is higher, and the Dow Jones Industrials are 27 points higher.

Mike

----------

In early trading:

At the open, the Dec. corn futures are 1 1/4¢ lower at $3.41. March futures are 1 1/2¢ lower at $3.53. Jan. soybean futures are 3/4¢ lower at $9.92.  March soybean futures are 3/4¢ lower at $10.04. March wheat futures are 5 1/4¢ lower at $4.29. Dec. soy meal futures are $0.50 per short ton higher at $326.40. Dec. soy oil futures are 0.17¢ lower at 33.91¢ per pound.  In the outside markets, the NYMEX crude oil market is $0.78 lower, the U.S. dollar is lower, and the Dow Jones Industrials are 43 points higher.

Mike

---------

Wheat futures were lower in overnight trading as traders trickle back into the office after a long weekend. Export sales of wheat, and soybeans for that matter, were disappointing while those for corn were at the top end of expectations. Wheat futures lost 2-3 cents while corn and beans were off by less than a penny overnight. Exporters sold less than 200,000 metric tons of wheat in the week that ended on Nov. 16, well below expectations. Corn sales totaled almost 1.1 million tons, at the top end of the range. Soybeans were reported at a marketing-year low. In weather news, red flag warnings have been issued for parts of the southern Plains and southwestern Missouri due to strong winds and low relative humidity. Check out all the details in today's 3 Big Things at https://www.agriculture.com/news/three-big-things/3-big-things-today-november-27.

Brent Crude Oil = down 0.6%

West Texas Intermediate = down 1.1%

Dollar = down 0.1%.

Wall Street = U.S. stock futures mixed in pre-market trading.

World Markets = Global stocks lower overnight.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: Floor Talk November 27

So like usual the traders had a long weekend off because they work so hard and deserve it right,meanwhile the farmers who are still in the fields did'nt get a long weekend,the farmer taking time away from family too do hrs of chores. And then today the traders come back too trade the farmers livlihood without a care in the world.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

If only there would have been a marketing call to put all my input money into Bitcoin last year instead of a crop...............

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Yep wheat is down....fewer acres...and it is
Becoming bone dry.

And the 250 people in the wheat market thinks
There is not a problem.

There are more of us than them.. ...maybe it's
Time for a revolt ?
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Like the NFO, elcheapo?  Good luck.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The classes of people can't be organized

1) fishermen
2)farmers
3) the criminally insane
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Thank you jim.........you show the attitude of people.  At least they TRIED.......you sit back and point fingers, while not rasing one to do

something about it.

for the cme crowd...here is a little song for you

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIYthyp2ltb

This ties in with discussions I had this weekend......nobody will do anything, nobody will get involved.....that's why are fraternals,

clubs, churchs and whatever are falling apart......nobody will step forward, nobody will do anything......

that is what is happening here......we are "told" how things are, how the "system" works, etc......but once you put the light of truth on

it, and you can see it......you can see how big of a joke it is.........but people will do nothing to change it, they have had courage 

drained from them, they are threated to "conform"........

isn't it odd, how a farmer points fingers at the NFO and laughes, at them, yet the NFO is trying to help them...........i'll let you

draw your own conculsion on that one.

yes......we can make our voices heard........yes we can have impact on the markets......but we have to be smart, and understand.

This is our livelihood....this is our life, yet we want to have no input over it, we just walk around like milk toast "what will you give me".......

you talk about the people on welfare and the government handouts.......but you are just as bad....if not worse.......you "take what

they will give you".........just think about that for a while......no other industry does that, why have you let it happen, and why

should it be.

please don't try to tell me "that's the way it is", well it currently is, due to YOU......YOU are allowing it, YOU are doing nothing about it.

It's going to be up to YOU to do something about it........but there are too many out there that don't want to, and they can point to the

big bad boards, "its their fault"..........no it isn't, its YOUR fault, you are letting it happen.....

prime example........we see wheat down.......we are TOLD the reason why..........yet we are out here in the plains, we see the fields,

we see the elevators, we see the trains, we know the numbers, we plant, care and harvest the crop.......yet......we are told we don't

understand......

today, the problem is we didn't have enough exports.........but hey boys, you look at the numbers, wheat production is down, way

down, fewest number of acres plant last year in almost 100 years......let that sink in , 100 years......smaller production.

today, we are looking at a drought developing..........

yet, i'm told, there is too much wheat......and we're not selling.......and it has go lower.......no matter if it is below the cost of

production........you 200 plus people are telling me you will not even pay me what it costs to produce......in some parts that

is called theft.

but, we've been brainwashed that "its ok, that's the way it is".

funny........I've notice the flour going up in the stores.  bought some for holiday baking, it it is higher than last year........

tell me, bought 5# flour, give a little over $1.40 for it.............figure that out..........and the elevator has a posted price a little

over $3.00 a bushel !!

That's $16.80 a bu..........of which I get $3.......

if nothing more people, I want you to wake up, and start to question things......modern society is based on "follow the leader", thats

the corp model.......that's the marketing model.......

like jfk said, if you are not part of the soluation, you are part of the problem.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Trouble in paradise

Copied with permission from the poster from another site...

Trouble in paradise,

Most except for tas (and he is hoping for cookies), are in the HOPE phase of grain marketing. Only hope is for a black swan event. It maybe starting...

Very large volcano in Bali, Indonesia is firing up, south of the equator so would effect the southern hemisphere.airports are closed 10,000+ tourists are stranded.

Iceland has a couple that could do it in the next six months. One of them has just developed a two thirds of a mile wide depression in the glacier covering it and melt water has been coming out from under it. Wouldn't be the first time one there caused a mini ice age in the northern hemisphere.

Really bad when the only hope left is for someone's misery...

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: Trouble in paradise

The hope phase is the other 8 years out of ten.

--------------------------

Hobby -------- misery is only fair, we all deserve some for profiting off of someone elses....... whether the market is up or down, we pass misery among us like musical chairs.

We all love to think we can avoid it, but the music always stops in a different place and on a different note.

We are going to let the  international Corps change all that soon.

0 Kudos