cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Contributor

Floor Talk November 7

Corn and soybeans were slightly lower in overnight trading ahead of Thursday's WASDE report. Corn was down a penny, soybeans were down about 2 cents and wheat was off by 4-5 cents. Growers were 70% finished with the corn harvest, still well behind the average pace, while soybean collection was 90% complete. In weather news, the flooding in Indiana is expected to continue, though dry weather is expected for the remainder of the week in most areas, according to the National Weather Service. Check out all the details in today's 3 Big Things at http://www.agriculture.com/news/three-big-things/3-big-things-today-november-7.

Brent Crude Oil = down 0.6%

West Texas Intermediate = down 0.2%

Dollar = up 0.4%.

Wall Street = U.S. stock futures mixed in pre-market trading.

World Markets = Global stocks lower overnight.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Floor Talk November 7

Crooks!!
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Not another gov't report.............geez, don't they ever get tired of putting out numbers that aren't accurate?   Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

the flooding in Indiana is expected to continue,

That's NO S--T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

over 6 inch's over the past 10 days - 3.5 inch's on Sunday - another 1/2 this morning - Turkey day shelling corn ?? good possibility - If it's frozen

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

The last two government reports have been good to Beans.  This report might light a fire in some people.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

From a chart perspective the last week has been pretty positive in my thinking....

history-1.png

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Don't know SW, are we about to break thru the 50
Day moving average ?

Tweety talked to our Asian friends...they are going to buy more beans.,..so the trade went up 4 cents.

Imagine if he told them to go to hell, and they said fine we'll buy from SA......we would be limit up the rest of the week !
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

We are just setting higher and higher lows.... meaning each time it comes down the buyers are anxious to buy.

I would like to reown some and it looks like august was the time,,,,, but for the most part we are seeing buyers more anxious than sellers for a while now...

I have not sold any so I have not bought back on the board.

El-tweety, 

You have way too vivid an imagination...... Did "hope and change", "ethanol from switchgrass", a car in every garage, or a chicken in every pot really accomplish anything?  

The figurehead just represents his country symbolically........ and representing the US citizen doesn't take much we are a irrational, whining, spoiled group .....yet presidents seem to fail at it regularly....

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

How soon I forget...higher LOWS is a true uptrend.
The trend is your friend (untill it turns on you)

Talked to a guru a few months ago.
They thought things might look better late
Winter/early spring
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The chart agrees with you
0 Kudos