cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Contributor

Floor Talk October 19

Soybeans were slightly higher overnight on reports of a potential truckers strike in Argentina and on reports of crop damage from the recent rainfall. Beans rose about 2 cents while corn and wheat were little changed. Export sales for corn were at their lowest since the start of the marketing year on Sept. 1, while soybeans were well below expectations. Wheat sales were within the range of forecasts. In weather news, it looks like it's going to be dry in most of the Midwest, though flooding is still a problem along the Missouri and Mississippi rivers. Central Texas is also getting hit by floods due to excessive precip in the area. Check out today's 3 Big Things for all the details. 

West Texas Intermediate = up 0.9%.

Brent Crude = up 1.1%.

Dollar = down 0.1%.

Wall Street = U.S. stock higher pre-market.

World Markets = Global stocks mixed overnight.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Floor Talk October 19

Dry huh could of fooled me, your weather forecast is as accurate as your yield forecast. Crooks..-$-$-$-$
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Man what would the crooks do without the farmers! 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Sell vacuum cleaners.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

We will soon find out at this rate. I completely understand it’s just plainly greed, how unfortunate for the everyday farmer. I keep saying one day at a time, but the question is how long until the days run out. Snow, rain, heat, frost it’s just another day, however how does it always end up as the farmers loss? Crop gets bigger farmers get screwed, no crops the supply is huge farmers get screwed. Weather market, ha ha, a simple marketing technique to swing the volume farmers get screwed. Coops are hurting as well, so are the consumers at the grocery store. I see this more and more now a days. Well, anyway tomorrows another day, stay safe and busy when possible out there.
0 Kudos