cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Floor Talk October 2

"The average yield across all states is 96.6 bu. per acre, as of Thursday, Sept. 28."

agweb.com

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

SW,

The trend started when soybeans tanked limit down a couple of weeks ago.  Although I think things are going to come down some more with the Cyclical harvest pressures and farmers trying to lock in on some high prices, I think there will be a lot more opportunity for higher prices.  I think these levels for corn and soybeans will be with us for awhile just for the mere fact that inflation, production problems both here this year and South America last year and the middle class in China buying up more food.  Yeah, their economy is growing slower but they still have to eat.  I think China will be the whale for grains for years to come. 

On the flip side I think with the uncertainty of South America production, Wars (Israel & Iran) and the Euro we can easily go completely down.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

meal crush been leading overall strength in soy complex. meal/bean spread bottomed around Sep 5th - been in strong uptrend since. would think this is saying something about the underlyers/fundamentals coming back in beans.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Corn has only pulled back 10 cents from the limit up close, with beans and wheat under pressure.  The next week should be interesting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Gavilon was bought out by the Japanesse.   And thats the ONLY way you can do business with them is with a DP contract good for on year only.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

HY: there are TWO ways .... that way and my way .... sell it at the time it crosses the scales.

Storage happens at home at my place.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

thanks Gio,----------------and cx1,

Da,   I am watching that too.  Corn is fighting to hold position and out here the basis has picked up at least half of that drop. (I gotta add that since Hobby is probably harvesting and he watches basis for us normally ---- Smiley Happy  )

I took it that Hobby  meant DP to be a delayed pricing contract,  rather than a delayed payment contract.-----------not sure------I bet he will correct me eventually.  After he corners the market on Iowa beans and corn.

It was good to here someone had a little better crop this year---------a pretty depressing year.

Mt.  I looked at the interactive map------------that is a nice format-------------but you know farmers there will be a few we never hear about--------- a little inherent humility/deciet in the breed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

corn is a supply story............soya is a demand story............wheat stuck in the middle..........

yet we are trading

corn as a demand story............soya as a supply story...........and wheat still stuck in the middle between supply and demand on the global scale..........

we shall see...........

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

We deal with them as Columbia Grain.

They must REALLY have you people by the nuts there. I can't imagine anyone dealing with them under those conditions.

0 Kudos