cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Floor Talk, September 22, 2021

At 11:15am:

The Renewable Fuels Association released the weekly EIA production numbers Wednesday.

According to EIA data analyzed by the Renewable Fuels Association for the week ending September 17, ethanol production slowed by 11,000 barrels per day (b/d), or 1.2%, to 926,000 b/d, equivalent to 38.89 million gallons daily. Production was 2.2% above the same week last year, which was affected by the pandemic, but 1.8% below the same week in 2019. The four-week average ethanol production volume decreased by 0.2% to 922,000 b/d, equivalent to an annualized rate of 14.13 billion gallons (bg).

Ethanol stocks expanded for the first time in eight weeks, rising 0.5% to 20.1 million barrels. Stocks were 0.6% above the year-ago level but 10.6% below the same week in 2019. Inventories built across all regions except the East Coast (PADD 1) and Midwest (PADD 2).

Mike

------------

At 8:45am:

Ag markets go green for first day of fall.

Mike

0 Kudos
11 Replies
cborman11
Senior Contributor

Re: Floor Talk, September 22, 2021

Wow a up day,you traders feeling ok?

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Re: Floor Talk, September 22, 2021

The day’s not over.

0 Kudos
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Can someone explain to me why diesel is cheaper ....

... than gasoline.  Or is it just a "here" thing.  Gasoline- $3.29, diesel- $3.25.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

E -10   $2.96   -  #  2   -  $3.06      -  R  Bob   $2.07    -  Heating   $2.20     explain   that  gap ,  other  than  the   driver  shortage  bs  - - -

Thinking  a  shortage  on  K - Street  -  D. C.   would  be  a  welcomed   phenomenon  -  -  -     

0 Kudos
WCMO
Senior Advisor

I always thought diesel had a lower refining cost than gasoline, and thus should be cheaper, subject to supply & demand.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Well it all starts out with the insanity of a name like "renewable" fuels ------the ultimate oxymoron 

Every bushel is gone when it is gone.

2-- the answer to which form of fuel is cheaper or more expensive always goes back to which one the government wants to make more expensive through taxation or subsidization.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Taxation   or  subsidization   -  ?  ?   Is  that  why  the  retail  meat  is  so  expensive   or  was  CON-solidation or  EXEMPT the  words  you  were  meaning  to  express  - ? 

Diesel  fuel   pump  taxes  are  applied  to  over   the  road,   and  relaxed  (  exempt )  at  the  ag  front  -  -  -

Sales   Taxation  Exemption  probably  would  not  a  subject  to  dive  into  eye -thur -  -  -

Would  Texas  ERCOT   have  any  cause  in  the  current   pricing  of  Propane  or  does that  fault  rest  on  the  desk  of  E- 15 ? 

Maybe  those  MEGA  swine ,  dairy  ,   feeding  operations  should  have  looked  at  the  old  LOCATION,  LOCATION ,  LOCATION  scripts  in  a  real  estate  101  -  hint  ( corn belt ),  also  H2O   -  -  -

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

When we finally bring the Protein Bureau up to Health care standards and Government sits on meat industry like we will be asking for, and like it does fuel then we can appreciate the location of those empty packing plants.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Maybe  a  corn  rebate  on  those  formulated  pens  of  beef ,  from  the  $899.oo  harvest  margins  could  be  an  option ,  to  accelerate  the  consolidation  - ?   

0 Kudos