cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
St13eers
Visitor

Re: Floor Talk September 30 (Report Day)

Thanks for the help ECIN. You and dad must have attended school together....he has the same advice on numbers

I thought instead of using a "process" like Kstater described (export certificate+/- government poll= number subject to change at any time), I thought it may be better just to use the actual numbers that every farmer I know submits to FSA and insurance company......chalk this thinking up to my youth and inexperience. Some say beans are either crushed or exported which is true but I say they are either grown or their not and we've KNOWN what was grown 2012 for some time.

Btw....I'm not much of a poster so back to the shadows.....
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

It did work that way "once upon a time".  

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Does anyone know of a time that they adjusted it down a year later? If they can miscount one way wouldn't the law of averages say they have the other as well? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

I bought a piece of ground once. It had been owned by an investor for ten years. It had a couple 2500 bushel bins on it. Bought it late fall. That winter was when minn wht went to 20 bucks. When we sent the backhoe into the yard in the spring we found out the bins were full of old ratty wheat . Cleaned up and salvaged about 1800 per bin. Market had dropped to 10. Still was enough cash to pay for about a fourth of the quarters purchase price. I'll bet the USDA never saw those bushels coming.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Good point Dismal, I've got several bins that I haven't used for about 10 years. Maybe I should check them, dad just might have forgotten to empty them. LOL
0 Kudos