Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

Food for thought.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Food for thought.

I read that arcticle this very morning.Only a farmer realy notices how a crop is a blessing when a succesful harvest is completed.As I have said in previous post the trade does'nt always see it as a blessing,at least not in the form of grattifying the producer.Its a shame when they don;t because food securitie is just a storm or a drought away from touble at the carry levels the markets think are plenty!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

“Maybe seeing this impact all this has on our ability to raise the food we depend on will get us to the tipping point of real policy change and real action,” Lawrence said. “I hope so.”

What does that mean--------------- It's too hot, too dry, too wet, too cold, too many changes, too much ??????  Too little????  too much bacteria,--- and fungus,----- and wine---------no wait, not the wine.  What will we in the media do without wine.  When the wine goes then chaos will prevail and real policy change will happen----- news sources will become tabloid journalism again.  No wait that is what this is.--------Well then no wine means "doom and gloom" ----- requiring "real action----------- I hope so."  I would like a good writing job with an outfit that has readers-------- Lousy internet ruined everything.  Bring back the plague..........................

0 Kudos
Contributor

It will be interesting to see how counties scale up their food security policies, if / when we have a global food production limiting event or events.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Food production is important, but please take the time to count the number of unsubstantiated, innuendo, half truth statements in that article.  It can be summed up as "weather keeps changing", "times change", and "never trust new science or success". 

Even the statement about wine country in California is theatrical but false.  Vinyard acres are probably much larger now than even 30 years ago.

The idea that the food supply is at risk is total BS.  And should tell you that this article is political in nature.

Just one thought  additional.

The ethanol industry is in fact a good food reserve system----- IMO---- A "management of surplus" that may in fact, be more economical than previous ideas for managing surplus.------- And as my memory serves me------- we griped about those too.

Senior Contributor

sw   I read rite through the liberal thought process of the arcticle,but realize how much disaster could happen with an outbreak of some thing like UG99.Securitie inventories that would be sustainable would be like one years supply,Im meaning mainstay grains!

0 Kudos