cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

For You, Mizzou!! Peak Corn!!

Interesting article on peak corn and other cereal grains. Personally not sold on the idea, but you never know.

http://www.agweb.com/article/is_your_crops_potential_already_maxed_out_NAA_Ben_Potter/

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: For You, Mizzou!! Peak Corn!!

Agweb is so far behind ------------------- We 've known that for two years  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

And the interesting part is, they are coming at it from a perfect production scenerio

Throw in the input ROI discussion of $3-$4 corn and all of a sudden all those +5 foo foo juice and extra units of what ever disappear

chip chip chip

Then throw in this push for larger operations, that farm on the average not MAX PROD PER ACRE

chip chip chip

Then throw in this battle of weeds and insects we have going because of the monoculture system we like to push

chip chip chip

Then throw in the idea that we are burning thru top soil something fierce both in HEL ground and NHEL ground, we have some of the youngest soils in the world, not only are they not making anymore of it, but they are not making it any better

chip chip chip

We have not even got to the discussion of balance of fringe acres and other crops

chip chip chip

I know, I know, I am crazy............

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Then there is the sliding of the corn crop north toward the article circle where the climate is not so dependable.

Then we will consider the depletion of the irrigation potential.

------------------

-----------------------------

Thanks MT,      Hope ya had a great Christmas with a youngen or two.

0 Kudos