cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Forecast maps flipping to the cool side

cut the "hot" argument off at the knees.

But it isn't exactly what the Dr. ordered either.

A bit dry too- which isn't an acute issue but might become, slowly.

The Chinese water torture will continue until attitudes improve. Or else.

14 Replies
Frequent Contributor

Re: Forecast maps flipping to the cool side

On the "cooler" side of things...just as an anecdote...something CNN will never air:

On July 15, 2019 (3 days ago), it was reported that a Norwegian icebreaker heading to the North Pole on a research mission had to turn back because the ice is so thick in MID-JULY that even their long, special-purpose chainsaws could not break through it, said ice being almost 10-feet thick.  Additionally,  they found very few signs of the thawing they were expecting, which totally shocked them.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2019/07/17/icebreaker-headed-for-north-pole-turned-bac...

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Hottest June on record globally.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

"Climate scientist" Prince Charles says we have 18 months left before we turn into "WaterWorld" or whatever due to global warming.  It was 92 here and predicted 94 tomorrow, people can`t take the heat (they`re so used to air condition).  When I was a kid in the 70`s and 80`s every summer seemed to have a stretch of 90+ degree days and a couple 100 degree days. My twenty something kids only saw 100 degrees once in their lives and that was in May of 2013 it reached 100 and 2 weeks before on May 2nd, we had a foot of snow of that year.  

NPR is going nuts about military bases going underwater, they quietly admit this but it`s mostly (read that all) as the reclaimed swamp ground is sinking.  A lot of houses were built near water on swamp ground and Mother Earth is swallowing that land back up, so yeah it floods.  Then they say "record flooding during a Cat one hurricane" , my question is, was it high tide during the Cat one?   But, yeah, I`m a populist, nativist.  

Mike Hoffman on USFR has been saying cool July and August.   Iowa gets hot in July, always has, however cool days may outnumber "hot days" this season.   One of the biggest farmers in Iowa has knee high corn now, but driving by it`s green and in the "good to excellent" rating, enough though it`s clearly an insurance deal,.  Probably won`t make a ear with kernels.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Then we must have had unknown monsoons all over the US because everyone and their brother was complaining about it being cold and wet during June, not hot and wet.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Nobody with half a brain even bothers to argue about this stuff.

What I said about farmers having discredited themselves- there's no point in giving farmers climate change related mitiigtion relief when they think rasslin's real.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

We have crop insurance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Unexpected June 2019 snowfall - West Mongolia

https://watchers.news/2019/06/28/summer-snow-in-west-mongolia/

Lassen Park, California, in June 2019 -- snow still covered trails

https://www.redbluffdailynews.com/2019/06/27/lassen-park-road-open-but-snow-still-covers-trails/

June 23, 2019 - Photo by Steve Schoonover

Australia - June 21, 2019 - frost so extensive, it was visible from space

https://twitter.com/BOM_SA/status/1142253738582822913/photo/1

...the list goes on and on and on

Senior Contributor

Actually, I also can't really get away with the conflation of weather and climate, (you apparently think you can) but the fact that we just had the worst planting season on record while the atmosphere is the hottest ever-and holding 4% more moisture than the long term average- might leave room for some ponderin'.

BTW, the big winner would look to be Russia and Putin- expect ever more production there as the atmosphere warms and they are positioning to grab resources in the arctic as the ice melts.

Wonder if that had anything to do with their meddling in our election. Putin did announce that "the liberal order is finished" the other day.

0 Kudos
ddtfarm1
Veteran Reader

I'm sure all would agree that it is a total travesty that we (I) have to pay taxes to support the crucial STEM education emphasis when all you have to do is disregard the majority of scientific research/history and simply pick a few anecdotes from the web, and then look out your back door to see how it is all around the world and universe. We can solve health care with the same principle, "you look OK to me" ,and "voila"  all is well in healthcare! I see massive tax breaks in the future. Next target with this approach - national debt.  

0 Kudos