cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crophugger
Senior Contributor

Free DP

See local e plants and elevators offering free dp for corn beans and wheat. Kinda early
0 Kudos
7 Replies
crophugger
Senior Contributor

Re: Free DP

Also basis tightening up
0 Kudos
rayjenkins
Veteran Advisor

what part of country are you in crophugger??

0 Kudos
crophugger
Senior Contributor

NESD
0 Kudos
cyclonegrain
Veteran Contributor

FREE!!!  Yep, take your corn in for free?!  They get  your corn and you get the risk/reward?  Then they don't have to bid up basis wise and any leverage you may have had just went out the window.....but it was "free".  Everybody gets so hung up on the "free" part and thinking they are doing you a favor by taking in for "free" and IF you wanted to take it somewhere else later at a better basis I bet they won't load it out for you for "free".  I bet IF they don't get many "free" DP bushels that basis will tighten?  BUT, you can bet the neighbor is hung up on "free". 

0 Kudos
crophugger
Senior Contributor

Wasn't planning on participating just thought it was kinda early to be trying to source grain so early. Although sometimes its kinda nice to haul some and dp for spring needs before road limits go on. Kinda interesting maybe the crop isn't as big as there saying. Lotta corn here went to town of the combine just to many newbies that are not set up to handle 20-22% corn. Thats why I question acres for next year. There gonna have to dangle a pretty big carrot here in the fringe. Anyway its darn cold out there.
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

no kidding ------------ a carrot is going to shatter after a few minutes outside dangling. 🙂

0 Kudos
idalivered
Advisor

gold eagle coop and nccoop in north iowa are both offering free price later. Ncc basis improved 2 cents last night, but could be due to cold weather. If it were up to me, free price later would be made illegal.

0 Kudos