Veteran Advisor

Re: From the floor August 19

Are you saying the sky is not falling, rather it's going up?  🙂

Mike

0 Kudos
NCcorntrader
Senior Contributor

Well I dont know about the sky but corn is definitely looking up this morning- a huge move since about 0500 ET this morning and currently b/a at 720 on /ZCZ1. you never know but this could be a BIG day

0 Kudos
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

I'm hearing the dollar is coming back into the grains' favor this morning. The recovery of the dollar created a late session bounce in the overnight markets. Plus, the rains are spotty, according to the new weather outlooks, I guess.

Mike

0 Kudos
RDrr
Contributor

This is a great site to understand the economy & metals

http://the-moneychanger.com/entry.phtml

0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

High inflation is just not in then cards. Especially with crude coming down and economies slowing. No way, no how.

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Mike. Years ago I decided that the Oat market on the board of trade consisted of two traders sitting at a card table deciding which one  will take the next trade. Woe be to the guy that enters a market order because those two guys decide where you will get your fill.

Don't be disheartened though because education is not free and you just paid for some. Ha!

0 Kudos
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

kraft-t,

It was an education. As I mentioned in the story, I hated to lose that money but it helped me have a better appreciation for folks feel when they are on the wrong side of a market. As of right now, I'm neutral, with no positions on. But, when I get back in hopefully I can use what I learned to improve my chances of turning a profit.

Mike

0 Kudos