cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Re: From the floor December 27

I agree, great to here directly from SA.  The reports I read suggest the same thing, corn is in a critical stage  in Argentina. Sounds like 83 was in this part of the country.

The one concern on Brazil's bean crop, according to a report, is that with the earlier rains, they may not be able to double crop this year...had to wait for moisture to plant.  That would limit soybean production.  I don't think we understand the appetite China has for food.  It is not just grains that will inflate to meet their needs, vegtables, fruits will also increase. 

You would think as a producer thas has not sold any 10 or 11 production this would be the best of times.  Not complaining, but don't forget that although the US as a whole still produced a very good crop, production was way down in my part of IA.  When the bushels are way down...the numbers just don't add up as fast...would have been a very ugly year here if I had presold this summer.  I hear guys saying they should just sell the hogs and sell corn....well, there are alot of guys that just sell corn...and it ain't that easy.  I respect the big boys that can handle operating costs in the millions.....they have way more savy that I will ever have.  I never dreamed we would hit six dollar cash corn in Dec.  I think I am bullish, but these markets make me look like a steer.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Santiago,
Hopefully the heat wanes and the rest of the year there gets some decent weather.
Prices decent, so best to get a crop to sell ibto that.
The market will have no problem with any extra grain this year.

Guess I do not figure the AR corn crop as being much of a World factor ( understand maybe 5.5 million acres of corn this year there ).
On soy, though You ARE a World factor.

Probably a higher chance the weather gets decent than Cristina reducing your taxes.

Praying for cooler weather and rain there.

Thanks for posting.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Santiago do you know mrGPS or Mauro he in the western part of Santa Fe he sent me some photos last week? I was on your forum fyo and universocampo as Tom USA a few years ago. From some of the photos of your crop I see some pollination problems. Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

sorry but i have no photos to show you. next time i will try to send some.

the critical period for 50% of our corn is from 10 dec to 10 january, they say no rains in the coming 5-7 days so you can imagine how is our corn suffering (add that from begining of nov until now we did not get any extra rains that can help us to fight much better into this dry), The other 50% of the corn is on marginal areas or is planted on a late dates (critical period on 20 january to 20 february) but all this late 50% is with less potential of higher yields.

regarding the soybeans, the windows is much bigger, i had started to plant mid october and i am finishing planting this days up in the north of the country (chaco province), so potential to be a desaster can happend but until now we still can ran the hole race, of course our beans are suffering but not as the corn because of their critical period.....the 60% of our beans will have critical period from 1st january to 15 february, let´s see....

i agree that corn is already "calculated" lower tons on the market (specially if the 2nd corn that brasilians plant a lot following the beans , will be much lower this year, they called zafrinha)

understand what you say about the market is always "working" not on facts but on possibilities, so my guess is that a desaster like 2009 on our beans crop can not happend this year....because on that year we were starting worst than this one

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

0 Kudos