cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

JohnQ......

since you seem to know it all, then why do you stop by............maybe you could type up the market openings so Mike could focus more on the floor?????............

the way I see it, he doesn't have to "waste" his time to do any of this...........I am sure he will take your opinion into consideration, and maybe even change his format..........but you know what, the way he does it has more to do with a general flow........see, if he only posted some of the floor chatter, then there would be days with nothing to post.........sure it might be alittle filler, but it acts like that "on air" light outside the set.........lets those of thus that look forward to his comments know he is making the rounds..........

also, typically he post the opening and closing settlements before delayed quotes hit..........not everyone has live quotes.......

just some more food for thought........chew on it.........

0 Kudos
Frequent Visitor

Re: From the floor July 29

Corn Guy why are you a soy bear? The Grant's argument?

0 Kudos
Contributor

S.A. just came off with a very good crop. Then I'm convinced the revised acres on Aug 11 will show a huge increase in soy acres. I'm somewhat contra and seems many are bullish beans now with the corn getting soft. August is beans time to make or break. I expect a $2+ break. Time will tell.

0 Kudos
Advisor

I'm usually up by 3 or 4 am if you want to post something then.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm here and feeling really good today.  First rain in over a month [a good one]  Corn has went  down hill bad hope this gets it back on track.  As my adjoining land owner said last night those dead leaves don't come back.  I like your post's I think your doing a great job, hope you can keep up the good work.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Mizoooooo

I only hinted at "changing" one thing (something most of us already know before he even posts it no less).

It's no big deal if he does or doesn't to me. I was giving friendly advice. Save him some time if you will. If it's a quick copy and paste that takes 10 seconds that's fine. If he's spending much more time than that on it, it's really not necessary. Somehow I doubt omitting that would mess with the "flow" here.

As far as "knowing it all"? You've got that market cornered x2 don't you? We're really enjoying the other site now that you're not littering it up with dozens of posts per day arrogantly arguing with folks, talking your positions, etc.. Thanks for leaving. Seriously.

Do you even work by the way? Your online time is amazing (and not in a good way).

Have a nice day. :-)

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on that rain deerguy! Where are you located?

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

JQ........

I assumed you were a roaming noam from the other site based on your ignore button comment............I left for reasons like this.......

you threw down your opinion about some "friendly advice" for a format.........thats fine, except you totally belittle some of the info that is...........I ASK AGAIN, if you already know what is going to be said, why do you stop by..........and then I go and lay out my opinion on why I think the format is just fine and you come back at me...........

as for having the market cornered, I surely do not...........however my fundamental outlook has been dang near spot on since last fall........go do some digging in the archives...........I went as far as calling for 2008 highs as targets early last winter.........then went toe to toe on the acreage deal..........then went toe to toe on the this time is different and 2008 was all air but this time is not argument..........then went on to say in late March (believe it was a March 30th post about snow is IA) that this was not a good start........then went toe to toe on the demand argument............then in May went on to say we had a high likelihood of heat and water stress across a pronounced area of the cornbelt........I think in the grand scheme of things I have been pretty good..........AND I HAVE NEVER backed down from a position.........I have laid out my thoughts, backed them with a train of thought and stood by them even as I was told I didn't have a clue.........you don't have to listen to me, so if I irk you that much......just leave it be...........

as for the other site..........I will let the recent activity and conversation along with recent thread about my absence speak for itself........also, some of us choose to be connected more than others, doesn't mean I don't work 18 hour a days, and thats not a joke...........

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

COrnguy I just took a trip through the cornbelt this week and the corn for the most part looks a lot better than the soybeans. In the ECB there are a lot of short, late planted beans. In southern Minnesota and South Dakota there are a lot of drown out soybeans.... The only area that I seen consistently good looking soybeans was Iowa. My GUESS going forward is that beans will go a dollar or two higher and corn will stay steady.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: JQ........

I think you're reading waaaaaaaay too much into my friendly suggestion ace. Changing the "format"? Please.
Good call on predicting the weather. That's tough to do. Had we got any decent weather this summer prices would be way south of their current location. Good job.
Thanks for the chuckle btw (18 hours a day), That's a classic.
Good evening.

0 Kudos