cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Marketeye II.........

This is a very good point. It shouldn't be needed and the market price of ethanol should decide the profitability to the blender ( albeit with his mandated usage he is somewhat pressed). It is a severe waste of money that effectively goes in the back pockets of large scale oil companies  - again.
Also a good reasoning for today's decision not to affect the price of corn...but floor / market has really reacted (possibly for a few other reasons as well )

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Wrong, wrong, wrong...

It is estimated that refiners save 50 cents a gallon in the production of gasoline because of the blending of lower octane gasoline with higher octane ethanol.  It takes significantly less energy to crack oil into sub-octane gasoline...plain and simple.  Ethanol extends our nation's energy supply significantly at costs well below the true cost of gasoline and oil.  I know you are anti-ethanol, but get your information correct.  Ethanol cheapens our nation's gasoline supply as its high octane and oxygenate nature of enthanol increases burn efficiencies in gasoline and helps refiners reduce there energy costs. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong...

Andrew-

Fine. Assuming all of that is true, lets do two things immediately-

1) end the blenders credit

2) end the production mandate

they clearly have no purpose given your assessment

im not anti-ethanol

im anti-mandate

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Des Moines would be good as would

Sioux Falls, Omaha, Salina KS, Kearney or Grand Island NE, Sioux City etc., on the possible cme move.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

NC, lets pull all the subsidies to everything and then let the chips fall where they may. but dont single out Ag. where would wall street and the big banks be without the mother **bleep**. side note, henry ford's vision for the model A, that ran on alcohol, was that people could make some of their fuel with a backyard still using what they had. you can make alcohol out almost anything if you work at it. a difused, decentalized system of energy production. rockefeller with the help of the feds, derailed that idea and the model T ran on gasoline. inmho, ethanol plants are the same idea. and i dont like mandates either. let markets work and the money will flow to ideas that work. markets can be brutal, but so is mother nature and those are the rules that  everyone here must follow. my best to all, particulary anyone facing high water.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

i guess i cant say a synonim for bosom. lets try again, **bleep**!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

well at least i didnt get bumped off today. **bleep** for everyone

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey Dapper,

My concern is that Ag has oversold its case on ETOH and has thus place ditslef in greater jeopardy for more blowback.

ETOH came about because of the Clean Air Act in '99 and the subsequent failure of MTBE. A HUGE windfall that we didn't have to oversell.

But somehow we did.

I understand crops look good up that way. We are better than some but a bit behind.

Best,

h

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

dap-

hey old timer- got no problem with pulling subsidies for everything. not trying to single out Ag here, it just happens to be the forum we are in

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

hardnox-

IMO, the 10% blend should be enough to support corn production, and I wont argue that ethanol doesnt have benefits. the ultimate killer for the whole deal though is the production mandate, which in the near future will produce too much ethanol to be used and will collapse the whole thing

0 Kudos