cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barr-Clay
Contributor

Re: From the floor September 2

MT:

One hours drive south of the Twin cities not a bean turning......some still setting pods. Most of ours are chest high.......and look beautiful. Lots of 38 & 16 corn here but not far away its a different story........not a disaster.

WE KNOW WHERE YOU STAND. Not picking a fight just feeling like a broken record.

Mike:

I greatly appreciate your posts I read them thoroughly throughout the day. THANK YOU.

Barr
0 Kudos
jec22
Veteran Advisor

Keep posting Mizzou.  If others don't want to read what you say they can skip your posts. 

I am sure that trader on the floor can handled the 'feedback'.   Those spots on the floor are not for the faint of heart.

I would say that if you are farming and can't handle Mizzou and take it FWIW, the next few years are going have you needing therapy.  What is coming will make reading Mizzou seem like a walk in the park.

0 Kudos
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

FWIW, here in my part of Nebraska, more rain won't really help the dryland a whole lot, most of the damage has already been done, but it will prevent farther yield drops.

As for the irrigated, it seems like almost everyone is going over things 'one last time' to get that last few BPA from the late fill, or to gain test weight.  The milk line is only halfway down in my earlier corn, less than 1/4 of the way on my long season corn.  It's going to need a rain, or one more watering for top yield.

0 Kudos
tim7781
Frequent Contributor

we are in Minnesota  30 minutes south of  twin cities and we just ran our irrigations for the last time we are about 1/2 milk line and our beans are  starting to show signs of turning they were .08 mat. some corn planted June 1 is just starting to dent and there are some longer day soys still bright green and growing. but we are close to the end of the season here fwiw

0 Kudos
frank232
Frequent Contributor

Just a thought, but with a large chunk of cold air ready to drop down into the plains/midwest and then move east (southwest WI, where I live should see low 40Fs by early next week/N MN should see frost), I would assume soybeans will slow their growth/stop?  Soil temps are obviously still warm, but air temps will be stuck in the upper 60Fs, and dew points will be low (dry air). 

0 Kudos

Re: MY MY..........

I had 7 tenths Saturday overnight into Sunday.  This should fill out the top pods well.  These RR2 beans have clusters of 5,6,7 pods in a bunch.  Next year will be all RR2's.

0 Kudos

Jec22 what's your prediction?  Beans are 14 bucks.  Are we more likely to see 10 dollar or 18 dollar beans?  I'm asking cuz I don't have a clue.  $3.50 or $10 corn?

0 Kudos
jec22
Veteran Advisor

NWOBCW,   I think those prices 10-18 and 3.50-10 are all possible in the next two years.   

0 Kudos
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Barr-Clay,

Thanks for following along. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Mike

0 Kudos