cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Contributor

Re: From the parlor pit 10-20

Didn't you know we are using government stimulus dollars to make a big dairy bigger?

http://www.agweb.com/article/arizona_dairy_wins_stimulus_funds/

How is that stimulus helping you JR?

With every government action there are winners and losers, same as in life...that is the one fact so many forget when they want 'government' to solve problems.  JR, these mega dairies with cheap labor,  are keeping milk prices where they are.   I don't think the grain farmer is your biggest threat, or even ethanol.  If the price of milk goes up/and or profit margins, these guys get even bigger.

And for food for thought on a Friday, read this on agtalk, "Banker will tell you sell your grain, because he wants cash flow for his payments, He doesn't want you to sell to high and not need him anymore"  Now, I like my banker, my grain buyer, by fertilizer supplier....but, I never forget that all have a bias, that is their job...and the only one really putting my farm as a top priority is me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

jec22 I posted that article over on the farm business side yesterday.  Actually our biggest enemy might be those large banks who are trading lives for dollars and hoping for the windfall! JR

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Yes that is the one, Came to me later.

Viewing room had pictures of the family memembers.

Looked like mostly Mexican workers when I was last there.

I think they told us they come certain periods of time and then return home, some come back regularly.

They had several of those complexes all on the one site near Ovid Michigan I think.

I think they had a motto posted or someone told me

`The latch is always open` meaning everyone was welcome to stop by and have a look.

0 Kudos