cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: From the parlor pit 12-10

And one other thing Pal.......back to my original point........if you are so concerned, donate all your land and grain to help that leech out so hes not a leech anymore.............

I mean there good people right, just in a bad spot, if they could only get alittle help they would get back on their feet........lol....BS........

Whats wrong Pal, dont wanna do that.........

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re:...an im tires of dumb ignorant people trying to talk......

You might want to edit that last sentence!

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

It seems like the policies the govt. have aren't in the best interest of the people. All that matters is BIG OIL, BIG BUSINESS, AND BIG BANKS.

This is some facts you probably do not know about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi:

• There are no electricity bills in Libya; electricity was free … for all its citizens.

• No interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.

• If a Libyan is unable to find employment after graduation, the state pays the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.

• Should Libyans want to take up a farming career, they receive farm land, a house, equipment, seed and livestock to kick start their farms – all for free.

• A home considered a human right in Libya.. Every citizen of Libya is guaranteed a home (In Qaddafi’s Green Book it states: “The house is a basic need of both the individual and the family, therefore it should not be owned by others.”)

• All newlyweds in Libya receive 60,000 Dinar (US$ 50,000 ) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start a family.

• A portion of Libyan oil sales is credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.

• A mother who gives birth to a child receives US $5,000.

• When a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidizes 50% of the price.

• The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter. (approximately 53 cents a gallon)

• For $ 0.15, a Libyan local can purchase 40 loaves of bread.

• Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Libya can boast one of the finest health care systems in the Arab and African World. All people have access to doctors, hospitals, clinics and medicines, completely free of charge.

• If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get US $2,300/month accommodation and car allowance.

• 25% of Libyans have a university degree. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans were literate. Today the figure is 87%.

• Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – though much of this is now frozen globally. This was all under this so called evil dictators rule.  Why is that you barely see or hear about, or know of, any Libyan immigrants here in the U.S….? Because the standard of living in Libya has been better than in the U.S, for a long time…

0 Kudos
Advisor

Interesting. All because of oil. Now what does the US have to wealth our way out of this problem. Maybe our oil boom here in the US if the greennies would allow it. If not what is left. Clinton had the Internet boom , Bush and the Dem congress tried it with housing , we all know how that turned out causing the current recession.

About the only wealth sector left is in the 401Ks , Seps etc and you can bet they will try and come for them soon.

Do they have a solution ?? do they want a solution ?or is the goal to spread misery to us all.Will that makes us feel better if we are all equally miserable. Will taxing my wealthy neighbor to the max improve my life??

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

How do we fix the  "free" trade deficit  ---

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Personally I think the goal is to keep everyone in debt so the banks keep making a ton money. With low interest rates they need more of the people in debt and a higher debt load to make more dollars. Who doesn't get atleast one credit card offer a month with outragous credit. 10 years ago a credit card with a $2500 credit limit seemed like alot now they start at $10000-15000. If the govt. was worried about the people they would have restrictions on banks for how much unsecured credit they can offer.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I must of been in the dark again.  I think the rebels in Libya overthrew the government. 

Why, I really don't know.  I can guess several ideas.  One the people were given much and demanded more for free, causing demands that could not be paid for. Two,  The friends of the government and those that kept the government in charge, received much more than the ave person. 

Sound familiar.   

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

A key point here, in regards to Libya and the US, is that the US runs a huge current account deficit, mostly for oil.  Some billion and a half of wealth leaving our country daily.  If it comes back at all, it comes back as debt .  This trade deficit, on a monthly bases, stretches back uninterrupted to 1975.

One can only be amazed at the power that comes with having the world's reserve currency. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I hate to say but I think we are all in the dark because of what the media has been pushing on us, check out some videos on youtube about Lybia and you will get another story. Heck they had it so good I would have liked to live there!!

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Media, bad, what, say it aint so.......

How do you think bobblehead got another 4 years........

And no i dont watch fox or listen to rush.......

All i have to do is look at bobblehead and listen to him talk and see where he came from to know he is a lieing, greedy, selfish, crook.........

Anybody with a functioning brain that hasnt been railed so deep by the bobblehead machine that they are brainwashed...........can see just how fed up things are.......

0 Kudos