cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Frost in Southern MN 28F

Driving in to work today saw white frost in the ditches, 28 degrees on my vehicle thermometer, and beans that I could row.

Maybe I did the right thing by waiting to plant the soybeans?

4 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Frost in Southern MN 28F

You did the right thing in waiting, Red.  If the forecast was "warming after April 15th", then the goin` crazy would`ve been a little more justified, but this March temperatures in May is ridiculous, not unexpected but ridiculous.  So far down here we`re "39 and holding"   🙂

0 Kudos
erikjohnson61y
Veteran Advisor

34 here this morning in SE SD.  I've got my beans in,  but they're not up yet. Still have 120 acres of corn to go, but I don't think I'm missing out on many GDU's...

0 Kudos
lsc76cat
Senior Advisor

Glad we waited until last Saturday to start planting beans.  Safely under the frost this morning.

Corn planted last weekend is still hiding but expect the sun to bring it out in the next few days.

Watched a young bald eagle nab a couple field mice Saturday in the field I was planting.

See them quite often now.  Takes my eyes off the marker but no big deal = I run the sprayer & combine too.

sw363535
Honored Advisor

that's funny......

some of us are spending a fortune to get the hired driver to do it better than we did it.

0 Kudos