cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Re: JohnD......

dollar is currently down, corn and wheat are up, outside markets are up...........

tell me what has changed, because the only thing that has changed in the last few days is the outside macros, and they are for the better today........

so you surely must be talking about supply and demand..........has that changed???????  Please enlighten me........because the last time I checked, while everyone was talking about 95M acres and 78M acres last spring and trendline yields..........I was posting acreage charts and yield comparisons laying out an argument that its all bunk and here is the real deal.........

and it turns out my numbers were a lot closer than most..........not to mention we have a precariously low carryout number that is BASED SOLELY ON THE EXPECTATION THAT DEMAND WILL PULL BACK SIGNIFICANTLY...............WHAT IF THAT EXPECTATION IS ONLY HALF OR LESS............HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

0 Kudos
p-oed Farmer
Senior Contributor

Re: The freeze damage in IA and north is real.......

Lets see...... How does it go....... "RA RA EAT EM UP" yea...... That's it.......Smiley Very Happy......p-oed

0 Kudos
DW11
Veteran Contributor

Folks, you heard it here first, JohndoeQ has called the corn market down at least another $1.50!!  I"m sure someday he will be correct, but I'm going to question whether that happens in the next 9 months.

JohndoeQ, if you left your marketing plan up to Mizzoo and did not sell a single bushel up until now you could still sell 100% of your crop right now for around $6.  That is still a heck of a price for corn right out of the field and would probably put you in the upper third of the market. 

JohndoeQ-your hindsight is 20/20-keep up the good work.

0 Kudos
johndoeQ
Contributor

If I listened to Mizzoo I would have all my corn at five, six, seven, then six, and finally five.  I would have a view not to sell at all times.  The only reason I would sell according to Mizzoo is because I need storage for a new crop or the crop in the bin is starting to smell.

0 Kudos