nwobcw
Advisor

Re: Gloom and Doom

what a hypocrite
0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Don, out of that $11K that you saved, about $4000 would've been tax....tax that did NOT go into this country's treasury, a smaller amount went into Mexico's treasury. Aren't you the one always wanting to raise taxes on the rest of us? Your "dentist bill" is another man's labor bill. If you don't feel you owe your local dentist anything, fine but does the local fire department owe you anything?
0 Kudos
bob-neil
Senior Reader

First, take off 60% of the $15,000 for average dental office overhead (staff salaries, rent, supplies, etc), which leaves the doc with $6000. Then, if he's lucky, he only has to give back $2000 in taxes. So, of the $15000, $11,000 goes back into the economy or to the government. It's your choice, but don't expect the local doc to help you for free you have a problem with your discounted work.
0 Kudos
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Yeah they do. I pay several thousand dollars in real estate taxes both in Iowa and Oklahoma.  In either case those taxes support fire departments in the respective states.

No my dentist bill is not another mans labor bill. The bill is for professional fees. There is no labor factor involved. Do you get an itemized bill from your doctor or dentist specifyingwhat portion of thebill is labor? I rest my case.

No I don't want to raise the taxes on the rest of you. I want the tax code amended so that Mitt, Rush, Bill, and Warren pay a higher tax rate than you or I do. That is if they have higher incomes than you or I.  The tax code is loaded  with tax incentives for high income folks that can utilize those incentives. People barely making ends meet do not have that option.

This can be blamed in part because one political party used every possible options to treat problems by adjusting the tax code. Never, I might add, Have they ever imposed a tax increase on the affluent. Their philosophy is that lower taxes is the key to prosperity. That strategy has been in practice since the Reagan election of 1980. Therein is the problem. Who is going to pay income taxes if those with income are able to avoid the bulk of it?

In addition the dollars saved at the dentist office are being spent in the USA.

0 Kudos
bob-neil
Senior Reader

I just told you, the average US dentist keeps about 40% of every dollar collected for himself. You can call it a fee for labor, or knowledge, or whatever you want, it doesn't offend me.
0 Kudos
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Egads dentists. Worst thing, when they
are numbing you up, the shot in the roof
Of your mouth, that hurts and there is
Stuff dripping out or squriting out.
don't mind cavity work, but my worry is
What if the pain breaks the block.

Oh I don't like urologist either
0 Kudos
bkadds
Advisor

Okdon--I can honestly say I would never have any work done in Mexico. However, I do not really mind if folks go down there as I eventually get to do it over again. Just wish people would get it right the first time.
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I have the best dentist in the world.  i`ve even had a few root canals and it isn`t bad at all.  My dentist gives enough Novocain that I`m comfortable enough that I fall asleep in the chair and it wears off within a hour of having the work done.  I`m thankful to have a great dentist because I have crappy teeth, I am prone to getting a abcessed tooth and the pain gets unbearable..the only relief is pour cold water on it 24 hrs a day, but a time or 2 my Wife calls the dentists` home at 9pm and his wife says "he`s at the office doing paperwork, just go over" and he`ll drill a small hole in the tooth and it`s instant relief! and the next day will set up fixing it right what might involve a root canal and cap.

i have dental insurance so the bill isn`t terrible, I do know dental insurance really pays for me and the insurance company is probably hoping that I drop it  🙂

0 Kudos
bkadds
Advisor

BA--I understand your loyalty. I have my cell phone number on my office answering machine and business card. When you grow up where you practice dentistry it makes you care even more.
0 Kudos
ihtractortherap
Senior Contributor

0 Kudos