cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Good for commodities?

will this be good for commodities?  http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/12/investing/stocks-lose-1-trillion-2016/index.html

Or will EVERYTHING go south?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Advisor

Re: Good for commodities?

I don't think there's much bullish about draining any liquidity from the swamp.

The bullish case for commdoties would be, I guess, should there be a sharp policy response.

Ain't going to happen here and China said yesterday they aren't either, whether that's true or not.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Saw soemwhere an estimate that it would take $5.7T to fill China's output gap.

I think I can do abuot $55K on my credit cards. Anybody else want to chip in?

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Morgan Stanley said that crude oil mainly due to the supply/demand imbalances is headed for $20 a barrel.  That type of perception and  expectations would cause all commodities to lower a bit.  

From the grain perspective, from todays report 3 million winter wheat acres did not get planted so that means those acres should shift to CORN and Beans.  More corn and bean production means more corn and beans. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

And........lower prices for corn & beans means more acres of pasture, hay, & CRP.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

And, the problem with other potential alternative crops is locating a profitable market and being able to deliver to it.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

My guess is that most of that 3 million acres is in SRW double crop areas.. Net influence on corn/soy is almost nil.

0 Kudos