cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Good year for cucumbers

Beans slow to canopy, Extend killed them, but they came right back and pre`s are worthless.  Went in with a quart of Powermax and it turned them yellow, they are goners  🙂   3lbs AMS I think greened the beans up, experts say spraying this late costs 15 bushel, well Cukes will take it all if left unchecked.  

There`s a waterhemp on the bottom, it don`t look good, but I pulled it, not waiting around to see if Roundup started killing waterhemp again    🙂

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: Good year for cucumbers

Looks like a morning glory leaf.

You say cucumber?

I need to go through a few acres with 24D and qt of glyphs to agrivate the waterhemp and destroy late sprouted shatercane in a replanted area. Will also run heavy on ams.

Wonder if the sulfer in the ams folier Fed the beans?

I wish my corn Looked as good as my beans.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Yes, it`s Burr Cucumber, a plant 1 foot tall now can proliferate into a crop smothering area about a rod square.   It has clusters of seed about like watermelon seeds that can cling to machinery and drop in the next field.  It`s worse than waterhemp, probably worse than Palmer Amaranth.  Problem on the high organic matter soils.  Cornstalk bales also spread it.

https://www.goshennews.com/news/jeff-burbrink-bur-cucumber-can-lead-to-serious-issues/article_d615dc...

0 Kudos
nitefarm
Advisor

It won’t hardly touch it in my area 

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

is  that  the  Weed  Of  The  Week ,    hefty  boys  style  - ?     

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Are you in Minnesota Nitefarm?   If late Roundup didn`t handle it here, I`d have to switch to corn on corn and highboy spray 24,d after brown silk.

0 Kudos
nitefarm
Advisor

I’m in western Ky. Here Roundup just makes Waterhemp and Marestail mad but that’s about it 😜

0 Kudos