cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Gotta love getting kicked

Where the sun don't shine all summer and them again this fall

20 percent chance of rain and working on 2 tenths this AM. Had 3 inches last week. Talking like another inch plus this week

Ran some yesterday, wasn't bad but wasn't dry anymore. Standing water in a few Terrace channels. And of course left some stuff out so nothing like a 3 AM circus to get some stuff under roof.

And of course corn just doesn't wanna dry down. Driest we been in is 17-18 with most 19-21. Slow and steady and lots of air. These guys without bins or air and don't wanna take it wet to the elevator may be running at Christmas

Heck we maybe too
0 Kudos
7 Replies
rayjenkins
Veteran Advisor

Re: Gotta love getting kicked

Easy answer for you Mizzou

bring that corn to the big C in Eddyville.....1/2 rate moisture discount/no shrink which means no discount for wet corn

we were +20Z on Friday/Saturday....dumped 810,000 bushels

0 Kudos
Slim123
Senior Contributor

I finished picking a couple days ago. Lowest it got was 19.9% .  Renew friendship with long forgotten LP gas driver.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

And the good news is you just might be able to make the Podunk get together.

If I know ahead of time just a little I'll make sure there is a steak of some kind there for you.

She is thinking of a turkey and all the trimmings in a buffet. Of course there is the menu.

Any suggestions, desires or requirements from anybody else?

Back to your problem:

Last weeks dash down into the Columbia, Mo area from Corydon, Ia all the way down I saw thousands of acres of beans unharvested. Most looked to have been green/yellow until just a few days earlier when the freeze stopped them.

Saw some shocked beans in an Amish area (Audrain co) but most were uncut and pulling a binder out there now will not work in the mud either.

Still beans uncut in my neighborhood too. (at least three neighbors) They just were not ready.

I cut the last field of +20% beans I had last week early and they are in my dryer bin waiting for a sunny low humid day. They are drying down with the two half days we have had the last week. (just air).

Got a call from a young farmer in the area that cut beans yesterday thought they were in the 15% range and he wanted them harvested....got to town with the first semi load and oooops. 17%+, sent him home with them. He has no bins or equip for that ... so I told him we could put them in a bin I have access to with a full air floor and I'd be done with my augering equip today as soon as I put the last load of corn in the bin. But it has been showering here too.

0 Kudos
ehoff4187600
Frequent Contributor

Mizzou, you just gotta enjoy Mizzou harvesting the sec this year. I'm supposed to be finishing today also, but a quick look at the radar and our 0% is currently 100%.

0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

Better than snow that some maybe getting
0 Kudos
Longcreekfarms
Senior Contributor

Problems in the east too. I finished beans a week ago and have been running corn at night. All my bins are full, both my trailers, and two tri axle dump trucks. Called the elevator this morning and they will be full up in a week. So I'm dropping the flatbed from hauling apples and going full time corn. Still 20k bushel standing in the field and it's an hour drive to the elevator. Reckon I'll keep the bed warm in the truck this week!
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Thanks for the invite hobby

Just have to see how it goes.

Haven't been able to stray too far this fall as we had a new arrival in late Sept and now a drawn out harvest. Not to mention opening weekend is that weekend

But we shall see
0 Kudos