cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Gotta love the knee jerk reaction

"China to tax US soybean imports 25%: ministry
4 Apr 2018 | Andy Allan
China is to tax US soybean imports 25%, according to a statement from the Chinese ministry of commerce released Wednesday, which also targeted corn and durum wheat."

Ok let them tax their people.

Their needs will suck out Brazil's production, so? 

Where is everyone else gonna get their soy needs from?

We are dealing with a set of products with a six month finite supply..

A nice tax on all the plastic crap we really don't have to have outta China gotta constipate their system.

Even better send all boat loads of it in our harbors and on the way here back to China loaded.

I hope cooler heads prevail by the light of day.

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Gotta love the knee jerk reaction

down $.50! gotta love the trump! kicking his constituency in the *****!
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The Chinese will be buying.....before this actually takes affect.  They just saved themselves a lot of money.   Our traders are really stupid.

BTW,  Why is corn tanking too?  Our traders are really stupid.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

It`s kind of funny/strange how different societies react on these issues of unfair trade and national pride.  It seems the "Russias"  "Chinas" and those type countries rally around whatever policy and go all in, even if it means maybe going a little hungry.

Counter that with spoiled countries like us, "OOOO they ain`t gonna buy our beans and big screen tvs are $20 higher at Walmart!!!!!!   It`s the end of the world I tell ya!!!!!" .   Yes, however Mr Castroni, China has been screwing us for years on trade, they buy $360 Billion LESS from us each year.    "Oh I don`t care! I want to sell/give away my beans and cheap big screen tvs!!!".   

Considering the resolve of the foreigners and the lilly liver, snowflakes majority in this country and lack of logic education in elementary school it will be a miracle if this can be brought to a fair and equitable resolution.   In short, too many stupid and selfish people.  

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Just remember in 2020 who started this mess!

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

We  need  more  '''  tough  talk  ''' -= then things will change ---   

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Remember who started this tough talk in November 2020!  The guy is a maniac!

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

We don't have much pull in world trade anymore because we don't make anything in America anymore. We can blame China and Trump all we want, the real blame needs to be placed on the American consumer for trying to save a buck and buying the cheap Chinese made crap while American made sits on the store shelf.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Silver  -  I 'm  with  ya , old song goes Big  Hat - No Ranch  ---

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Well, it is great to talk about a tariff, but don't you usually put a start date when it goes into effect.  So far, the Chinese correspondent hasn't given us the date yet.  Maybe one needs to look at how many tariffs are place on American goods going to other countries.  

Besides, Smithfield wasn't bought for their pork production, they were bought for the technology in raising pigs that China seemed to be lacking.  

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out in the end.   

0 Kudos