cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vandenplas
Senior Contributor

Government workers in blue and red

If you look at the top 28 states in terms of government employment as a share of total state non farm employment, 20 of them are so-called red states.  I can provide you with the names of the states (for a price of course).  What does this say about who is on the "government payroll (dole)"? 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Re: Government workers in blue and red

Who cares!
0 Kudos
clayton58
Veteran Advisor

Maybe it says more about the economy of those states (manufacturing base, or lack of, etc) than anything else.  And there is a difference between jobs  and being on the dole.  Example, teachers would be government employees, but I would not consider them as "on the dole" or freeloaders

0 Kudos
ISUMan
Frequent Contributor

The election is over.  Regardless of who you supported it's time to move on and figure out how to protect what we have before the morons in Washington find a way to take it.

0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

Take it and give it to the Red states? Smiley Very Happy

Sorry, my comment was uncalled for but I just couldn't resist! Mea Culpa many times.

0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

When Obama was elected first term, all the morons were worried that their guns were going to be taken WHICH NEVER HAPPENED.....CHILL OUT.
0 Kudos
ISUMan
Frequent Contributor

Morons is plural chief.  Anyone who believes it's alright to run our government on borrowed money is a moron so I guess that is bi-partisan.  Both parties laugh in the face of the Constitution it's just one party is worse than the other.

0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

ISUman,

your comments are so brilliant that it shows your higher intellect than the average joe.  

0 Kudos
ISUMan
Frequent Contributor

I respect your opinions but see no benefit to verbal snares.  I'm guessing if we were to talk in person we would enjoy a sensible conversation.  I wish everyone success regardless of political persuasions so with that I hope the next 4 years are more positive than I believe they will be.

0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

ISuMan,
That is great. I totally agree. Cheers.
0 Kudos